Medical Excellence Operations Specialist
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
Medical Excellence Operations Specialist
Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company, focused on innovation and specialty care. At Ipsen, we’ve created a workplace that recognizes and promotes an entrepreneurial spirit in our employees and are building a strong legacy of helping patients with difficult-to-treat diseases across oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases. We know we can only be better and smarter if we work diligently together as ONE Ipsen, across all functions and geographies. We strive to break down silos and empower teams to deliver effective therapeutic solutions through highly differentiated medicines for patients with unmet needs.
We take pride in our culture, which is rooted in collaboration, to deliver results for our core customer – the patient. This level of involvement by cross-functional teams promotes a strong sense of unity and pulls together all colleagues locally and across our key geographies, which span 115 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. As a growing organization, Ipsen North America is comprised of our United States and Canada locations, with employees supporting functions including Commercial Operations, R&D, Business Development and Technical Operations.
Our employees are the driving force behind our mission at Ipsen, and to sustain their passion and focus every day, we offer a wealth of fulfilling challenges and growth opportunities through unique leadership and training programs. At Ipsen, you will work alongside industry leaders and contribute within a fast-moving and truly game-changing global organization, recognized for its talent and patient solutions. At Ipsen, we’re making hope a reality for the patients we serve.
To provide high quality project coordination and business administrative support to North America Medical Affairs team. Serves as the project management lead for ongoing activities within Medical Affairs teams and is the first line contact for the team regarding project tracking and reporting processes, meeting coordination and actions follow up, among other tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- With the Medical Excellence Senior Project Manager, support project management of routine business operations (e.g., objectives/KPIs, medical and field plans, congress activities) and ongoing workstreams (e.g., Medical Transformation) within North America Medical Affairs
- Creation and maintenance of status tracking system across projects for Medical Affairs overall and within individual Medical Affairs teams, including medical and field plans.
- Support content organization and review process for internal presentations and materials, including management of meeting set up, minute taking and distribution.
- Drive review and execution of contracts when applicable
- Coordination, collation and undertaking of transparency reporting consolidation for the team.
- Coordination with external vendors to align on project status, budget, meeting coordination, and actions follow-up, including monitoring project budgets and scope.
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks and other projects and activities as required.
- Serve as a central point of contact for the Medical Affairs team, business partners, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with cross-functional partners at local and global level.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in life science preferred
- Demonstrated 1-3 years of experience in project management and/or operations, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
Languages:Key Technical Competencies Required:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including with cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management and creative problem-solving skills.
- Vendor management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to attend medical congresses and other company meetings.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.