At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for an Embedded Systems Intern who is curious, loves to learn, and wants to make an impact on cutting-edge projects. Our program has multiple elements (no pun intended) to ensure that you have a well-rounded internship experience helping the Embedded Systems team explore and validate new concepts and technology which will improve our system performance and efficiency for upcoming projects. This internship will also provide opportunities to develop soft-skills as well as meet with Leaders across the organization to learn about their careers and gain insights on how to navigate your early career decisions.
This role is a San Diego based role. If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Embedded system functionality design
- C/C++ programming and debugging
- FPGA logic design and verification
- Real time algorithm development and validation
- PCBA board development & debug
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled or newly graduated with a Masters of Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering focus is preferred
- Strong ability of C/C++ programming
- Familiarity with common digital communication protocols (I2C, CAN, SPI) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience in MCU development project is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
Base Compensation Pay Range:
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.