At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for a Fluidics Engineering Intern – Instrument Integration who is curious, loves to learn, and wants to make an impact on cutting-edge projects. Our program has multiple elements (no pun intended) to ensure that you have a well-rounded internship experience helping the Fluidics team improve the recipe to ensure good sequencing performances by doing fluidic tests and sequencing runs. This internship will also provide opportunities to develop soft-skills as well as meet with Leaders across the organization to learn about their careers and gain insights on how to navigate your early career decisions.
This role is a San Diego based role. If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build a fluidic test setup under the supervision of their mentor
- Plan and execute hand-on experiments
- Execute sequence runs using prototype instruments
- Write/modify python code for various test stations
- Data analysis with MATLAB/python and JMP
- Cross-functionally work with system integration and mechanical engineering team
- Present the test results to a broader audience
Education and Experience:
- Junior or Senior year student in Bachelor/Master/PhD degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, EE Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with basic programming software (Python, C++, Matlab)
- Have taken classes/courses related to Fluidic dynamics
- Experience with micro/milli fluidic system for mass-transport is plus
- Experience with surface chemistry is plus
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
Base Compensation Pay Range:
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.