At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for a Scientific Intern who is curious, loves to learn, and wants to make an impact on cutting-edge projects. Our program has multiple elements (no pun intended) to ensure that you have a well-rounded internship experience helping the Chemistry team by conducting reagent formulation and sequencing testing. This internship will also provide opportunities to develop soft-skills as well as meet with Leaders across the organization to learn about their careers and gain insights on how to navigate your early career decisions.
This role is a San Diego based role. If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reagents, execute established surrogate assays
- Perform data analysis
- Effectively communicate results to other scientists
- Assist in the development of new assays
- Operate laboratory equipment as needed (e.g., microscopes, fluidic stations, sequencers, and prototype sequencers)
- Keep a detailed record of all laboratory activities in an organized fashion
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD research program in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or in related field
- Strong interest in chemistry, biotechnology, and biotech industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct scientific experiments independently or with reasonable instructions
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
Base Compensation Pay Range:
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.