At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for a Chemistry Intern who is curious, loves to learn, and wants to make an impact on cutting-edge projects. Our program has multiple elements (no pun intended) to ensure that you have a well-rounded internship experience helping the Chemistry team by working closely with the chemists and researchers to support various projects and experiments in the fields of organic chemistry or biochemistry. This internship will also provide opportunities to develop soft-skills as well as meet with Leaders across the organization to learn about their careers and gain insights on how to navigate your early career decisions.
This role is a San Diego based role. If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with chemists and researchers to support various projects and experiments in the fields of organic chemistry or biochemistry
- Hands-on experience in a wet lab especially in organic chemistry or biochemistry lab is required
- Learn from experienced professionals, participate in data analysis, and scientific presentations
- Conduct scientific research in leading edge industrial applications
Education and Experience:
- Junior/Senior level Undergrad or Graduate student enrolled in a research program in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- Strong interest in chemistry, biotechnology, and biotech industry
- Excellent knowledge of chemistry and laboratory techniques and safety protocols
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct scientific experiments independently or with reasonable instructions
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds: The position requires physical activity and the handling of chemicals. Candidates are required to follow the safety protocols and be familiar with personal protective equipment (PPE) while working in the laboratory environment.
Base Compensation Pay Range:
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.