About the Department
The Strategy & Rare Disease (STARS) organization drives the long-term strategic direction of Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI)/North America Operations (NAO) and leads all US commercial efforts for Novo Nordisk’s Rare Disease portfolio. The mandate of STARS is to facilitate the development and to coordinate the execution of the long-term strategy, defining a sustainable business model in US beyond a 5-year time horizon. This department serves as the insiders of the US market when informing and help shaping upstream decisions around future investments and assets. The Rare Disease portfolio includes products in the hemophilia and growth disorders therapeutic areas, new products in the pipeline, and products acquired through business development efforts in existing and new areas. The STARS team collaborates and partners with groups across NAO, Research & Early Development, Development, innovation hubs across NN, other affiliates, and global. We’re looking for individuals who are enterprise thinkers, inclusive leaders, and strong collaborators, as we embark on shaping our future.
The Sr Brand Manager – Rare Disease Customer Engagement is responsible for building strong relationships and a strategic plan with national and regional medical experts in Rare Blood disorders (RBD) and Rare Endocrine disorders (RED), in order to provide effective management of the speaker’s bureaus and Interface strategic plan. This includes speaker training, content development, field execution of speaker programs, and liaising with HCP Relations to ensure efficient contracting, timely program reporting, and budget management. In addition, this role is responsible as the lead conduit between the RBD and RED brand teams and the Convention Management organization, in order to ensure that brand strategies and key messages are pulled through and leveraged at target HCP and Patient Conferences to ensure one coordinated presence in the eyes of the customers. The Sr Brand Manager – Rare Disease Customer Engagement will also be involved in cross-functional teams, to obtain and provide insights, get feedback, and support to create interaction plan/resources that are of value to Hematologists and Endocrinologists, their patients, and advocacy organizations in order to deliver what’s ultimately best for the patients we serve. While this person’s primary remit is to lead promo med ed and HCP/Patient congress execution, they are also expected to be a primary contributor the RBD and RED portfolios as a vocal member of the brand teams. Therefore, also responsible for development and execution of the annual Brand Planning, Strategic Planning, and Tactical Planning processes.
Reports to the Director, Rare Blood Disorders Marketing, and works most closely with other Sr Brand Managers and Associate Brand Directors on the Rare Blood and Rare Endocrine marketing teams. This person’s responsibility for the speaker’s bureau also requires them to regularly interface with the HCP Relations teams within the Commercial Ops organization and the Rare Disease Sales organization. In addition, this person’s responsibility with patient and HCP congresses requires them to regularly interface with the Convention Marketing team. There will also be need to interact with Market Access, Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Relationship Marketing, Global Marketing Team, Corporate Communications, etc. External relationships include work with professional vendors related to congress execution and promo medical education, relations with customers especially those contracted via the speaker’s bureau, advocacy groups, and professional societies.
- Works closely with the Associate Director, Market Expansion and Partnering to develop relationships with key opinion leaders/thought leaders to maintain a strong Rare Disease Speakers Bureau and to ensure delivery of content with the most significant impact.
- Lead aspects of speaker program nominations strategy, speaker bureau planning, speaker program compliance, and speaker training plan.
- Leads Rare Disease portfolio strategic Congress approach and level of investments on key HCP and Patient conferences and events to drive appropriate corporate and brand presence/awareness by ensuring regular interaction with HCP/Patient brand teams, Convention Marketing, Medical, Compliance, and Sales
- Develops and fosters strong relationships and communication strategies with field sales management related to the area of promotional speakers
- Demonstrates market, industry, and customer understanding
- Identifies key customer needs, drivers and barriers from a variety of sources (e.g., KOLs, market research, etc.)
- Performs analyses on customer and market data to identify brand/channel opportunities
- Utilizes knowledge of competitor products, trends, and activities to create effective product differentiation which enhances brand plans, tactics, and product positioning
- Utilizes knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry to generate insights, develop strategies and tactics
- Develops and executes marketing plans
- Develops the tactical plan in line with brand strategic focus and objectives
- Facilitates workgroup, the strategic design and development of strategies for the brand
- Identifies opportunities for new and innovative promotional channels to communicate brand benefits to key customer groups
- Leads the development of promotional materials for each key customer group based on the brand messaging
- Allocates resources based on the evaluation of business priorities, risks, timing and opportunities, and makes adjustments based on the progress of the project
- Builds and maintains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization, focused on addressing key business issues, objectives, and processes
- Plans and manages cross-functional teams or projects that are aligned with strategic objectives, using appropriate project management tools and techniques, and contingency and communication plans
- Oversees time and costs associated with activities to ensure vendor, agency or HCP consultant estimates are realistic for agreed upon deliverables; and ensures reconciliation reports are completed
25% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelors degree required, MBA-preferred
- Understanding HCP landscape as it relates to US and Global Compliance preferred
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical promotional presence at HCP and Patient Congresses preferred
- Minimum of 6 years in sales and/or brand management/marketing experience within the Pharmaceutical industry required
- Experience working on Convention Marketing and/or Speaker Bureau/Medical Education preferred
- Experience with biopharmaceutical and injectable products is a plus
- Planning, Execution and Follow-Up - effectively prioritizes and spends his/her time and the time of other on what is important. Develops accurate short and long-term plans
- Creative, innovative thinker with strong strategic mind-set and understanding of market needs
- Proven ability to work on cross functional teams
- Strong communications, project management skills and relationship building capacity to ensure timely execution and appropriate follow up
- Must exhibit strategic thought and leadership with the ability to think and lead at the big picture level as well as the ability to translate strategic objectives into specific initiatives and manage successful execution
- Experience in budget management as well as attention to detail and ability to adequately forecast and make adjustments accordingly required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.