Theragent is seeking a Business Development Manager, who will be responsible for implementing and reporting on sales strategies to achieve revenue goals for the west coast. He/she will build an active funnel of open opportunities to facilitate continuous business generation and be able to generate new pre-clinical/clinical phase and commercial business prospects, with demonstrated ability to maintain and grow strategic customer relationships within small-mid-large pharma and biotech companies. He/she will build and foster relationships with new and existing clients to help solve client problems while creating awareness of and grow sales for Theragent. This position is for the execution of the full sales life cycle from prospect identification through contract execution.
- Implements sales & business development strategy for assigned regions. Implements strategy for acquisition and management of business from small-mid-large sized pharma and biotech companies; evaluates opportunities and presents Theragent capabilities
- Researches, identifies, and develops new early / late clinical phase and commercial development and manufacturing prospects from multiple sources including outbound approaches from cold calling and email campaigns and inbound approaches from the company website
- Represents the Company by attending trade shows and conferences and maintaining active membership and participation in industry member groups and events
- Develops customer relationships, maintains and drives continuous improvement, and communicates customer needs internally. Collaborates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Works closely with the departments to ensure deals are in-line with the needs of the business segments
- Works collaboratively with legal to execute client contracts and with project management to ensure quality client engagement and project initiation
- Accountable for closure of the deal and driving account strategy
- Drives year on year growth of new business from existing and new accounts within the region
- Maintains accurate customer data and updates to the Customer Relationship Management system (i.e., Hubspot). Generates timely reports (i.e., activity reports, metrics, sales targets or forecasts) as requested
- Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors, and the marketplace, internally. Monitors and reports on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information internally. Conduct voice of customer with clients to understand how Theragent can better meet needs and lower the bar for client engagement
- Collaborates with other departments to execute marketing campaigns and analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business
- Align with business process and drive new business connections
- Work with others in generating proposals for client projects
- Other duties may be assigned.
Reports to: VP, Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote in the Western US, preferably CA or WA, but primary work location is Arcadia, CA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Have full understanding of the entire sales life cycle for contract services
- Experience using a CRM tool to support execution of business development activities
- Ability to work with others and cross-functionally in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with all levels within the company
- Strong multi‐tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to organize assigned tasks in a face paced environment and monitor tasks / assignments that may impact timely completion
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Innate ability to learn new software, such as corporate intranet and enterprise business solutions
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Creative thinking, flexible, hard worker and committed to results
- Demonstrable knowledge of the full Cell Therapy Development workflow including CMC, cGMP manufacturing, and analytics a plus
Education & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related life sciences/engineering field (Biology, Biochemistry, etc.). Advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in Contract Development and Manufacturing Company (CDMO) sales and business development, project management, contract management, or development and manufacturing experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cell & gene therapy
- Must have demonstrated experience developing a client base and network in the contract pharmaceutical manufacturing market
- Must have experience with sales and business development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Office/Home office environment
- Able to type an average of about 60 words per minute
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on computer prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing, and pulling
Travel: Frequent (50-80%)
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Theragent, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Theragent, Inc. requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To the extent permitted by applicable law, candidate must be able to provide proof of full vaccination or receipt of the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or request an exemption due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief of practice, or pregnancy, as of the first day of work, to be considered for a U.S.-based job.