About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment. Please note this position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- Develop, lead and improve the cross-functional global operational process for BioLife plasma supply planning.
- Ensure alignment of end-to-end (E2E) of plasma supply planning from BioLife functions through to manufacturing plant consumption.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within the supply planning field and implement innovative concepts, solutions and technologies that enable best-in-class supply planning.
- Ensure global adherence to Takeda standards for policies in scope
- Ownership of the Supply Planning Process Value Stream for Global BioLife. Establish review meetings to ensure alignment across BioLife.
- Partner with Supply Chain teams at plasma manufacturing plants and globally to ensure aligned planning processes. Monitor weekly performance with plants to ensure production schedules are met.
- Develop conceptual supply planning concepts in collaboration with senior key stakeholders and BioLife functional partners. Requires cross-functional collaboration with BioLife Forecast, Pricing & Analytics (“FP&A”), Operations, Logistics and Finance.
- Work closely with team FP&A to ensure plasma requirements and timing are understood as forecasts are built each month.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within area of responsibility and ensure performance metrics are in place and evaluated according to Takeda standards (e.g. Anaplan).
- Introduce, promote and drive utilization and implementation of innovative supply planning tools e.g. Anaplan, and others as identified.
- Plasma inventory targets and monitoring.
- Work collaborative with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure high engagement and adherence to the Global S&OP process with the GMS Supply Chain function.
- Coordinate global BioLife-GMS Value Stream Team meetings and steer company updates. Ensure alignment of future activities, identify issues and work towards resolution.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Advanced understanding of demand planning principles and strategies
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Advanced Planning Systems, ERP systems and analytical tools (SAP/APO, BI, Anaplan)
- Strong knowledge with Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the principles of Lean and Six Sigma applied to Supply Chain
- Knowledge on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Basic knowledge on regulations (FDA, EMA, etc.)
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in leading and developing the demand planning process
- Focus on key areas and work collaboratively to ensure solutions in accordance with Takeda values
- Elevate capabilities among others and be a role model
- Finance teams within BioLife and GMS
- BioLIfe Functions in particular Operations, FP&A and Logistics.
- Plasma Derived Therapies (PDT) and Global Manufacturing functional teams including Supply Chain leaders
- Plant supply chain functions and leadership teams
- Continuous improvement of planning processes.
- Understanding of plasma manufacturing constraints
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or Master’s Degree with a minimum 10 years of experience in life sciences (pharmaceutical, biologics, medical devices) supply chain / operations / manufacturing / product management.
- Strong familiarity with a broad variety of supply chain concepts, with specific expertise in global Biopharmaceutical supply chain management preferred.
- Fluent in business English.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - CambridgeWorker Type