Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The position of Scientist, Translational Sciences is responsible for performing experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings as well as provide support during regulatory filings. This position is based in Santa Monica, CA and reports to the Principal Scientist.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Designs and executes cell-based functional assays.
- Designs and executes in vitro assays and mouse models to address basic efficacy of the selected candidate molecules.
- Provide support in writing and reviewing reports and/or data verification during regulatory filings.
- Analyzes, organizes, and communicates results at different research and cross-functional meetings.
- Participates in project teams and works cross-functionally to ensure alignment.
- Assist in other duties as required to meet corporate goals.
- A strong background in cancer immunotherapy and human immunology – experience in working with engineered T cells is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in cell culture aseptic techniques.
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays to measure in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokines.
- Proficient in multi-parameter flow cytometry (panel design, sample acquisition, data processing).
- Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Education and Experience
- PhD degree in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology with 2-5 years of related lab experience or industry experience preferred.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $115,000 to $136,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”