Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
THIS IS A HYBRID POSITION REQUIRING 2 DAYS IN THE OFFICE PER WEEK
Global OTC Operations Team is part of our Global Finance Organization, with team members in Dublin and California, the Global OTC Operations Team has responsibilities in audit & SOX compliance accountability for all activities related to Accounts Receivable, Billing, Credit and Collections Management. The team also provides oversight to the transactional execution of OTC business processes and facilitates OTC Governance Forums across all levels of the organization. The OTC Operations Team also has a focus on driving continuous process analysis and improvement to deliver efficiencies and scale in support of ongoing business growth.
Based in the US, San Rafael, this is a 12-month contract role, reporting to the Snr Manager, Credit & Collections. This role will support our Global Accounts Receivables and Billing team.
- Credit & Collections Activities
- Regular reviews of debtors with relevant stakeholders to agree follow up steps.
- Identify and escalate any issues that may impede payment, implement action plans which ensure timely collection of debts.
- Work with cross functional colleagues to resolve outstanding queries.
- Completing Cash Application for all customer payments, using a mix of automated and manual processes, ensuring these are completed in a timely manner and to period close deadlines.
- Investigating and resolving queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Period Close & AR Reporting Activities
- Assist with timely Month End AR Ledger Close / Month End Close
- Perform Weekly/Monthly Reconciliations such as Balance Sheet reconciliations, Sales reconciliations, and Intercompany reconciliations.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit process and the SOX audit process.
- Billing Activities
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of billing data by performing review of invoices and weekly/monthly reconciliations.
- Support the processing of invoices and apply billing adjustments (credit/debit memos)
- Research and resolve billing issues/discrepancies, including resolving customer and internal queries.
- Set up and process discounts/rebates.
- Assist with accounting and finance functions as required.
- Ensure compliance with accounting, financial regulations and policies as well as revenue recognition rules.
- Continuous Improvement Activities
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient manner.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, and processes
- Support project and continuous improvement tasks as required.
- Learn, understand, support, and align with all related finance controls and policies, including billing, credit, collections, and revenue recognition. Assist with ad-hoc OTC Global Operations activities.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Contribute to team effort and assist team members as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Experience in Oracle and/or SAP a plus
- Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel)
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once, along with daily duties.
- Experience and knowledge of Accounts Receivable is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative to make decisions based on own research.
- Adapt to constantly changing requirements and business needs.
- University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Spanish language an advantage
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.