We’re seeking a Cheminformatics Product Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a leader on our Enterprise Informatics team, you’ll spearhead the design, implementation, and roadmap of LiveDesign, our industry-leading drug discovery platform. Our Product Managers keep the engineering teams organized, goal-oriented, and consistent with the scientific mission of the product. This position offers the opportunity to influence LiveDesign's business direction and scientific functionality by bridging gaps between technical, scientific, and commercial realms. An ideal candidate will bring experience in the collaborative development of drug discovery software with a cheminformatics focus.
Who will love this job:
- A small molecule drug discovery familiar who’s excited to create the next generation of enterprise tools in global pharma
- A collaborative drug discovery software developer with a cheminformatics focus who can bring real-world experience with the use of computational tools for identifying novel therapeutics
- A medicinal chemist with a learning mindset
What you’ll do:
- Represent and own the cheminformatics aspects of our enterprise platform, both internally and externally
- Partner with scientific and technical teams to plan and drive the development of model-supported design via user stories and workflow definition
- Facilitate iterative feedback from customers as well as our internal drug discovery group
- Work closely with engineers, solutions architects, and customer-facing teams on the optimal implementation of product designs
What you should have:
- B.Sc. in a life science and 5+ years of experience with drug discovery informatics data in some fashion
- Extensive experience in the small molecule drug discovery process, ideally from a data-centric software perspective, or experience in developing cheminformatics-based drug discovery software
- A collaborative spirit and interest in continuing to evolve the field of integrative technologies supporting the drug discovery process
- An understanding of data structure used in drug discovery (for example assay and modeling data)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $152,000 - $225,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.