AbbVie is seeking a talented Manager, Marketing Analytics professional to provide analytic leadership and identify business and resource optimization opportunities for our OTC business. Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic environment and have a proven ability to derive and meaningfully communicate insights and information that influence business decisions.
The Manager of Marketing Analytics will create and develop analytic solutions based across several different business needs for the Refresh OTC brand. The individual will derive findings and implications from syndicated data and CPG analytics use cases and models to strengthen commercial understanding of marketplace dynamics, brand performance, and growth opportunities; inform financial forecasting and brand planning processes; and develop fact-based marketing and sales investment strategies to optimize performance. The individual has demonstrated the ability to align business issues with analytic findings and implications with some supervision and is a highly effective communicator of results.
· Guide development of marketing investment strategies to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities - and influence the deployment of strategy through executional recommendations across marketing and sales tactics. Complete timely evaluation of program impact/response and recommend appropriate actions.
· Deliver consumer, competitive, category, and economic insights based on analytics generated by leveraging multiple data sources, including syndicated consumption tracking, syndicated HH panel, Amazon vendor central, Amazon Media Group, eCommerce, and internal shipments. Integrate and synthesize information to report key insights to internal stakeholders.
· Leverages HH panel data and relationship with syndicated tracking vendor to deliver consumer insights and recommendations relevant to market basket analyses, prevalence and nature of brand switching, new product source of volume analyses, New/Lost/Retained studies, and brand buyer decompositions.
· Leverages Amazon data portals to assess impact of all marketing programs and investments executed in Amazon. Seen as expert in delivering Amazon channel insights in relation to the categories Allergan competes.
· Develop and deliver category management, trade promotion, and SKU optimization analytics to inform both headquarter and field sales activities to drive retail excellence at the point of sale.
· Partners with Market Research Associate Director to deliver foundational consumer insights and recommendations relating to Market Structure, consumer targeting (“Strategic Value Consumer”), brand positioning, creative development, and new product development.
· Accountable for delivery of Marketing Mix Modeling and/or other analytic models to drive optimal allocation of variable marketing and sales investments for the brand, as well as identify and quantify areas for executional improvement.
· Leverages econometric modeling along with other forecasting techniques to develop, maintain, and communicate demand forecasts in support of all brand and financial planning processes, effectively advising the organization in setting financial expectations as well as optimizing the allocation of resources to achieve the plan.
· Manages external suppliers to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
· Effectively communicate results of analytic and market research workstreams to influence action and improve brand performance.
· Identify and evaluate data sources and analytic approaches that will enhance customer, market, and competitive understanding to influence budget holders to drive the business forward.
•Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis. Master’s Degree preferred.
•6-8+ years of experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information; including use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies.
•Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
•Proven ability to build, maintain, and socialize demand forecasting models that are confidently used by Marketing and Finance as a key element in all brand and financial planning processes
•Preferred strong understanding of CPG brand marketing and applied marketing analytics use cases, category management applications, and the realm of shopper marketing
•Proven ability to analyze and drawing out insights across CPG syndicated tracking and HH panel data.
•Solid understanding of various marketing analytic domains (media measurement, promo optimization, digital marketing analytics, launch support, etc.) preferred
•Strong communication and influencing skills
•Advanced agility, project management and prioritization skills
•Advanced vendor management skills
•Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to influence in a matrixed organization
•Command of Microsoft software programs (PowerPoint, Excel) and analytical tools (SAS, Dataiku, Alteryx). Experience in programming, such as SQL preferred (but not required).
•Experience with BI tools, such as Power BI or Tableau, is a strong plus for the ideal candidate
This position is in Irvine, California, and requires the candidate to be on-site three days a week.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.