At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
This position will provide leadership for project management engineering resources to lead scope development, design, delivery, and optimization of manual and automated device assembly processes and related equipment in support of IDM (Indianapolis Device Management) and Device network objectives for product commercialization, capacity expansion, and ongoing operations. The team is responsible to identify and ensure requirements for safety, quality; cost, reliability, and capacity are effectively met during project execution. This role serves as a key interface between local resources SME’s, project teams, OEM’s, CM’s, IDM leadership, and corporate initiatives.
Key Objectives/ Deliverables:
Safety and Quality
- Drive compliance with Lilly policies and procedures through assessments, audits, and/or feedback
- Ensure staff is current with required safety and quality training
- Drive integration of safe behaviors into project and technical teams through frequent observations and engagement
- Ensure HSE focus during process and process design, testing, operation, and maintenance
- Ensure appropriate application of engineering standards such as equipment guarding, alarm management, and ergonomic design
- Build and support development and career plans for employees
- Assist in identification and mitigation of technical capability gaps across IDM
- Identify and leverage contract support staffing to fill capacity and capability gaps
- Manage resource workload and allocation to project portfolio
- Optimize organizational design/structure and recommendations for the business planning process around staffing levels
- Proactively recognize and reward achievements and provide candid feedback for development
- Train and certify project team resources and Lilly partners (CM’s, OEM’s and service providers) around Lilly expectations
- Plan and optimize travel to balance business needs and work/life for employees
- Develop and communicate department metrics that provide foundation for continuous improvement
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans for local business processes
- Identify business case and leverage value engineering opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Lilly and/or contract manufacturing sites to integrate requirements into RFP and designs
- Manage departmental expenses and/or capital to align with site target
- Ensure appropriate allocation of employee time to capital, development, and product accounts
- Engage and influence project and process teams to resolve escalated issues and barriers to team performance
- Proactively communicate major initiative and team progress to stakeholders, team members, and peers
- Provide technical oversight for OEM design, fabrication, and testing on capital programs
- Drive conformance to schedule for technical activities through project engagement and barrier elimination.
- Develop and execute strategy for engineering studies.
- Support development of testing strategies and troubleshoot equipment/automation issues.
- Harmonize process mechanical and automation design for key equipment
- Ensure appropriate level of technical rigor in technical reports, process and equipment designs, and root cause investigations
- Champion statistical thinking in experimental design and use of engineering first principles
- Encourage and support proactive Design for Manufacturability, Safety, and Quality principles especially for new process designs
- Benchmark, develop, share, and implement new technology in order to optimize value and reliability
- Audit/assess team practices to ensure compliance with established technical guidelines or procedures
- Identify and manage CQV contract resources to supplement Lilly project team
- Lead the development and implementation of CQV strategies, processes, and metrics to optimize capital, speed, and compliance
- Process Verification and Optimization
- BS Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 5+ years of experience in asset/project delivery (Device asset delivery preferred)
- Clear demonstration of leadership skills with supervisory experience and/or team leadership
- Ability to work across boundaries with equipment suppliers, Lilly and contract manufacturing sites, contract engineering suppliers, and other Lilly organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing equipment, controls, and validation practices
- Direct experience within a manufacturing environment
- Awareness of GMP and ISO requirements related to medical devices and device assembly operations
- Previous experience with capital project delivery, commissioning, and qualification of automated systems
- Previous experience with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability
- Prior knowledge of process automation with discrete manufacturing equipment
- Some domestic and international travel required (10-25%)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.