At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is entering an exciting period of growth and we are committed to delivering innovative medicines to patients around the world. Lilly is investing over $1 billion to create a new state-of-the-art manufacturing site, in Concord, North Carolina. The brand-new facility will utilize the latest technology to increase the company's manufacturing capacity in parenteral (injectable) medications, device assembly and packaging operations. This is an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build and operate a new site. The Lilly Concord site will be built using the latest high-tech equipment, advanced highly integrated and automated manufacturing systems, and have a focus on minimizing the impact to our environment. This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
The Competitive Continuous Improvement (CCI) & Operational Excellence Associate is primarily responsible for partnering with all organizational levels across their area of responsibility (site/function) and global functions to lead Operational Excellence (OE) efforts and drive continuous improvement, by combining knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing with Lean principles and tools. Results include improvement across all aspects of Safety, Quality, Environmental, Reliable Supply, New Product Commercialization, Productivity, Speed, Digital Transformation and Cost, as well as employee morale at all levels due to more time being spent on patient value-added activities.
LEAN Digital Transformation Journey: Engage and Maintain
- Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of the daily management system utilizing digital LEAN tools within the Concord Lilly site.
- Establishing the integration and flow of metrics cross functionally site wide. Maintain and sustain the technical aspect of our Lilly Digital Integration Tool and Lean Management System
- Leverage results of systems assessment with associated feedback processes and follow-up governance mechanisms to coach key roles in the organization and implement best practices.
Systems & Strategies – Design and Governance:
- Lead the establishment of the CCI & OE systems (e.g., the Lean Production, Lean Management systems, and our digitally integrated visual management system) within assigned areas, including the components and their interactions.
- Facilitate the deployment of system standards.
- Facilitate and execute the process of systems governance and assessment – i.e., health, maturity, and performance – as well as the continuous improvement of the systems.
- Capture benefits of CCI program and report to site & executive leadership teams
- Contribute to the CCI&OE program strategy within the assigned area of responsibility (site/function)
- Collaborate with central CCI&OE function to provide input into the CCI & OE systems design
Assisting in Engagements:
- Lead and / or partner on a variety of engagements, within the site/function as well as network level within M&Q.
- Serve as CCI Coach partnering with Business Area Leads to facilitate the chosen methodology for the given project (e.g., Lean Lighthouse, Kaizen Event)
- Provide support to ensure robust Organizational Change Management and Monitoring Plans are in place to sustain improvements.
- Engage routinely with sponsors to provide status and escalate where appropriate as issues arise
- Ensure Lean principles and tools are integrated into both project execution and solution design
- Partner with site leadership/ other functions, including site lead team and other governance forums, to identify and prioritize major productivity improvement opportunities. Leverage internal and external networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business (e.g., finance / accounting, business administration, operations / supply chain) or technical discipline (e.g., engineering, sciences, IT, technology).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with leading projects/improvement initiatives using a CI methodology.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Master Black Belt or similar level of Lean Coach / Practitioner Certification.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to influence across organizational levels and to facilitate teaching and training of others
- Demonstrated ability to lead change while managing multiple, shifting priorities
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong history of digital transformation project implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in a business (e.g., finance / accounting, business administration, operations / supply chain) or technical discipline (e.g., engineering, sciences).
- The position is onsite at the Lilly Concord site and is an Individual Contributor role.
- Periodic travel may be required (<15% depending upon a variety of considerations).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.