It is an exciting time to join us!
The Paralegal Intern will receive meaningful experience as they work under the supervision of the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel to assist in providing legal services to the Company. The Intern will be asked to draft and prepare various commercial contracts, and legal correspondence, and perform other administrative, contract management, and word processing/proofreading tasks. The Intern will also be assigned project work requiring collaboration with Andelyn business units and key stakeholders. Other duties may include management of files, documents, deadlines, and corporate records; organizing meetings; special projects as needed; and support of Andelyn’s corporate compliance program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare, format, edit, and maintain various business agreements, letters, and corporate documents. Assist Counsel in performing corporate governance tasks, including helping to prepare Board materials and other presentation documents.
· Provide administrative support by conducting research, proofreading, preparing reports, and PowerPoint presentations, meeting planning, tracking department KPIs, and maintaining calendars.
· Gather, compile, and verify the information and enter it accurately into documents, reports, presentations, forms, spreadsheets, databases, and/or enterprise systems.
· Assist attorneys with the day-to-day operation of the Company’s contract management system and file-share system.
· Assist attorneys in the development and enhancement of training, document templates, benchmarking, and best-practice methodologies.
· Support compliance projects as needed through research of applicable laws, policy benchmarking, policy drafting, and development of compliance functions.
· Demonstrate a high level of integrity.
· Maintain a positive attitude.
· Attention to detail in all job functions.
· Performs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and techniques and requires training common experience or working knowledge related to the tasks performed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an ABA-Approved Paralegal Degree or Certificate Program and must remain enrolled as a student for the duration of the internship.
· Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills.
· Superior attention to detail in all work products.
· Dynamic, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to collaborate on a team towards accomplishing corporate goals.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
· Ability to complete complex tasks efficiently and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
· Skilled in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
· Ability to work independently and prioritize projects.
· Must possess prior experience or received training on handling confidential information and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Proficient in reviewing and analyzing contracts and other legal documents.
· At least two (2) years of experience handling and/or maintaining highly confidential or sensitive information.
· Prior experience as a legal assistant or related role.
Minimum Physical Requirements
· Frequently sitting/remaining in a seated position
· Occasionally standing or walking
· Occasionally independently lifting up to 50 pounds
· Frequently talking on the phone or in person
· Frequently keyboarding and computer work.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Andelyn Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by federal or state law.