Graduate Intern - PDM Strategy
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Graduate Intern - PDM Strategy
As a Gilead intern you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company's mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Reporting to PDM Strategy, Product Portfolio and Strategy (PPS), and part of the larger Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) organization, you will be help create engaging materials for the PDM Strategic Plan, develop long range capacity planning models, and contribute on cross-functional strategic analysis projects focused on developing and setting PDM's strategy, thus providing clarity for leaders and decision makers in the organization.
- Contribute to strategic analysis and option evaluations projects
- Help codify existing strategies, develop strategic operating principles and formulate new network strategies depending on the business and organizational needs.
- Help develop a PDM risk management process to fit with the Gilead enterprise requirements.
- Help define the business outcomes from a Digital Strategy, and then participate in developing said strategy down to the level of a prioritized implementation plan, which includes Knowledge Management
- Benchmark Gilead and industry environment for relevant trends that could impact on PDM and its ability to deliver.
- Showcase your work with a final poster board presentation near the conclusion of your internship
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future or CPT/OPT through your University.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor's/Masters/MBA/PhD program at an accredited US based university or college
- Must be a Rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in undergrad or a Graduate or Doctoral Student
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
- Enrolled in a master's degree in biotechnology or a MBA
- 3+ years at top tier consulting firm or in a similar role developing manufacturing and technical development strategy in the bio-pharma industry.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Experience in capacity modeling (with Excel) and/or creating engaging materials (in PowerPoint)
Gilead Core Values:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and leadership; deep knowledge about the biotech / biopharma segment.
- Ability to multi-task and independently lead multiple projects and meet key deadlines.
- High EQ, ability to listen, and adapt to a dynamic of situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus
- Bias for action; ability to prioritize.
- Experience in designing and deploying rigorous processes, tools, templates and governance.
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
The expected hourly range for this position is $19.00 - $55.00.
Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including education level and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Benefits include paid company holidays, sick time, and housing stipends for eligible employees.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.