AbbVie’s Global Internal Audit function plays a critical role in protecting and enhancing the organization’s value through risk-based assurance and advisory services to internal stakeholders, senior management, and our Audit Committee of the Board.
Internal Audit strives to be a critical function to evaluate company, industry and emerging risks, effectively partnering with the business, and consistently recruit and develop key talent. Our goals are carried-out through the talent of the audit team, while leveraging analytical and audit tools, supported by a dynamic and collaborative team culture.
Internal Audit Key Pillar: Execution
Our leading pillar is focused on executing our audits and services in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, AbbVie Code of Conduct, and other internal policies. We drive meaningful dialogue, analysis, and tools that allow us to partner with our stakeholders on key decisions, aimed at assessing and improving AbbVie’s control environment.
Internal Audit Key Pillar: Engagement
We take pride in how we engage with stakeholders and each other – respectfully, ethically, and with AbbVie’s success and our patients at the forefront of our work. We rely on and challenge each other, as peers, knowing that at the core of every successful team is trust, partnership, and respect.
Internal Audit Key Pillar: Development
The core success of our team is reliant on our talent. We focus on developing members of the audit team to execute audits/services, provide opportunities for training, and upskill other focus areas of each individual. We also continuously assess our culture to allow for an environment that cultivates and sustains an atmosphere of self and team development.
- Plan and execute Financial audits throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations.
- Coordinate execution of financial audit plans to optimize audit speed and effectiveness.
- Coordinate efforts with internal / external audit as appropriate.
- Prepare and present financial audit findings to business stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risk & control themes.
- Participate in the financial risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned entities and critical systems.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of work experience obtained with a public accounting firm or equivalent internal audit experience with a global company.
- Experience planning and executing financial audits.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 50% travel to AbbVie's International and Domestic locations.
- Valid passport is required.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.