We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director, External Supply role is a highly visible hands-on position that will have sole responsibility for managing all aspects of Emergent’s external manufacturing partners accountable for end-to-end supply chain and customer fulfilment supporting both Commercial and Medical Countermeasure Business Lines. Works closely with Quality, S&D, Technical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and Sales Operations delivering on our commitments and exceeding Customer expectations while upholding Emergent’s high level of customer service, compliance standards and product requirements. Using Operational Excellence principles, develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Accountable for end-to-end supply chain of Externally Manufactured Products and the development / maintenance of the operational model ensuring a compliant and cost-effective system for both domestic and international partners.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen interfacing with site and corporate positions within the organization including C-level, understanding customers’ needs and formulate effective solutions exceeding expectations
• Implement processes to monitor system health AND report performance metrics related to cost, quality, service, and safety.
• Coordinate efficient implementation of product/process changes at contract sites and efficient coordination between external manufacturers and Project Management / Product Development
• Seek input to provide recommendations and formulate action plans for open issues based on industry best practices and hold issue owners accountable to hitting delivery targets
• Represent business at S&OP and S&OE meetings providing supply analysis, options, mitigations and recommendations to address any supply chain gaps within the portfolio
• Provide assistance with capital projects involving modifications at external manufacturers for new capabilities and manufacturing improvements
• Support 3PL and external warehouse activities as necessary to support customer and business demands
• Advance EBS’s strategic areas of focus while ensuring a continuous improvement mindset. Key areas including leadership / employee development, advancement of best-in-class business processes, operational excellence, financial discipline / data driven decision making and quality / compliance
• Lead or assist with Global supply chain projects and initiatives as required
• Uphold Emergent’s core values, commitment to quality and corporate responsibility
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management
• 8-10 years of related experience within medical device, combination drug device, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or contract manufacturing industry required
• Minimum 5 years of Management experience
• Ability to work within a matrixed organization
• Multiple disciplines in CMO management, aseptic fill operations under cGMP manufacturing, assembly & packaging, distribution both domestic and international
• Working knowledge of International distribution regulations and requirements including but not limited to controlled substances, customs documentation, import / export VAT and tax considerations etc.
• Solid understanding of US and European regulations including application in the day-to-day environment
• Demonstrated strengths in relationship management that results in optimum service and performance
• Effective communicator with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strategic and tactical thinking with excellent analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners at multiple levels.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and work cross functionally to influence behaviors and gain consensus
• Experience in Lean principles and concepts
• Hands on experience with SAP preferred
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.