Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
This is a hands-on non-supervisory role in the Central Laboratory Operations (CLO) department within the Global Laboratory and Technical Operations (GLTO) division. The incumbent is responsible for executing routine validation activities at USP and assisting in implementing improvements to the validation program to meet USPs objectives and the needs of internal customers to support USPs mission and continued growth.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
- Works closely with the staff in the execution of metrology/validation activities, as applicable.
- Supports equipment and instrumentation calibration, verification, and maintenance activities.
- Maintains accurate, up to date logbooks and equipment records.
- Performs necessary department administrative functions such as laboratory equipment maintenance and documenting and reviewing of data.
- Supports vendor personnel during on-site operations.
- Performs testing and work independently.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
- BS degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics. Years of experience 1 to 2 years. Recent graduates with no experience are also welcome to apply.
Additional Desired Preferences
- Prior experience in a scientific based industry in metrology or quality assurance role.
- Basic knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting.
- Basic knowledge of Waters/ Agilent product suite experience (GC, LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC).
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of FDA regulations, GMP's, and GLP's.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our workfrom the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Laboratory/Production
Job Type Full-Time