Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
BioMarin has a growing portfolio of rare disease products, including an extensive pipeline of new products in various stages of development. The Global Revenue Planning and Analytics team is responsible for developing, together with our regional market teams, revenue plans, forecasts, and other forms of analytical work products.
The Senior Director – Global Revenue Planning and Analytics is responsible for revenue planning, forecasting, commercial demand planning, sales incentive compensation and performing various types of analytics in these core areas. The type of work ranges from recurring routine analysis to targeted initiatives. The primary focus for this role will be to manage our global revenue planning process and advance our work in this area. This requires frequent engagement with our regional planning teams, our commercial and executive leadership, brand teams, finance team and other groups within BioMarin. Influence and collaboration across these functions is critical to be successful in this role. In addition to revenue planning and forecast work, this role will also frequently present forecasts in various stakeholder meetings.
This role reports to the VP, Global Commercial Operations. Demonstrated organizational, analytical, strategic, operational, problem solving, and communications skills are required. Strong results orientation and skillful navigation of complexity is the key to be successful in this role.
- Coordinate the overall revenue planning and forecasting process. The primary deliverables are the annual long-range plan, annual budget, regular forecasts and oversight of sales incentive compensation program
- Manage, mentor and motivate a team of four direct reports
- Collaborate with our corporate financial planning team and regional teams to guide the process, set expectations, and review regional forecasts
- Produce global, rolled-up, revenue plans and forecast presentation materials
- Present revenue plans and forecasts to a wide range of audiences
- Maintain the commercial revenue planning calendar, plan appropriate reviews with leadership teams and coordinate submissions
- Own the revenue planning improvement process. Research and define opportunities that increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with our sales leadership to set direction for our sales incentive compensation program
- Review and improve sales incentive compensation plans
- Identify and manage requirements for financial planning tooling and work with internal and external technology teams to best support current and future planning process
- Over the next few years, participate in our enterprise resource planning migration project
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and scenario development to support a broad range of market planning and other revenue impacting activities
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to research and develop assumptions that drive the performance of our in-line and pipeline products
- Build expertise in the many supporting areas, such as epidemiology, market access and competition, that drive the future performance in the markets BioMarin participates
- 10+ years’ experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related industry with a focus on financial planning or performance tracking
- Demonstrated success of continued process improvement
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with concurrent projects
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Ability to assimilate detailed data to discover and communicate key business trends
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership
- Experience with driving technology upgrades from a business owner perspective
- A keen eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Life Sciences
- Statistical forecasting
- Demand planning and exposure to S&OP process
- Familiarity with the rare disease market
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.