Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris’ passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company’s success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
The Manager, Financial Reporting works closely with Accounting Senior Management to assist and support in ensuring company financial records remain accurate while meeting reporting deadlines. The incumbent establishes and approves internal controls and guidelines for preparing transactions complying with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). She/he also oversees the monthly financial reporting process.
· Prepares and/or reviews appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
· Manages company’s financial accounts, payrolls, cash receipts and financial assets for timeliness, compliance, and accuracy.
· Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; Assists with regulatory reporting, as applicable
· Researches and corrects accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and other appropriate regulations; Proactively reports issues to upper management for resolution, as necessary
· Coordinates and participates in inspections and internal and external audits, as needed.
· Participates interviewing and training of new employees and mentors lower level accounting team members, as needed
Minimum education and years of relevant work experience
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR in process of obtaining CPA and Bachelors degree in Accounting and minimum 6 years experience in public industry or corporate accounting.
· Hands on knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations
· Current, hands-on experience performing general Accounting functions (i.e., general ledger, reconciliations,
monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, payroll, etc.)
· Experience working with external auditors.
· Strong record keeping ability.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
· Analytical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
· Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
· Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
· Accounting experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
· People management experience
· Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.