Our offices are closed for our annual Winter Break from Monday, December 25, 2023 through Monday, January 1, 2024. Our response to your application will be delayed.
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion is at the forefront of reimagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a VP of Toxicology to lead the end-to-end toxicology organization at Recursion with a focus on building innovative capabilities in mechanistic and predictive toxicology. In this role, you will:
- Lead an end-to-end, innovative and nimble toxicology organization at Recursion that supports programs from discovery through early clinical development
- Impact our drug discovery programs by driving the design, conduct, and interpretation of studies to inform mechanisms of toxicity and develop screening paradigms to accelerate program advancement
- Deeply engage with Recursion’s oncology discovery portfolio, providing safety testing strategies, overseeing in vitro and in vivo toxicology studies and developing risk assessments that enable key project decisions including the nomination of clinical candidate molecules
- Leverage your expertise in mechanistic and translational toxicology to grow Recursion’s predictive toxicology platform; including evaluation of existing data and tools as well as novel approaches to achieve our goal of industrializing drug discovery
- Drive the development of high quality toxicology plans and content for global regulatory submissions to support our development programs
- Implement systems and processes that enable rapid and efficient execution of high quality toxicology studies to support program milestones
Making Salt Lake City your home base is ideal, however, we will consider remote work for this position. We ask that remote employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of Research, you will join Recursion's Drug Discovery department and will work closely with the Discovery and Development organizations. You will impact all phases of drug discovery and early development. The team is dedicated to leveraging translational planning in the earliest phases of discovery projects, enabling acceleration of candidate selection. You will work closely with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK, Disease Biology, Pharmacology, and colleagues in the Clinical Development organization.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD with 15+ years of industry experience in pharmaceutical toxicology as an investigative toxicologist and/or as a study director/monitor
- Demonstrated success in safety and toxicology support of drug discovery projects from hit identification through candidate selection
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo techniques for mechanistic and translational toxicology
- Familiarity with in silico predictive toxicology approaches
- Experience in the design and conduct of non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies and in authoring regulatory documents supporting early clinical development
- Experience in oncology drug discovery and development
- Prior experience leading a toxicology group in the pharmaceutical industry with a track record of innovation
- Ability to build and develop high-performing teams that push the boundaries of toxicology science
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual who can excel in a rapidly growing drug discovery and development company
How You’ll be Supported
- Leadership training
- Ability to attend scientific conferences and workshops
- Access to world class data science and high throughput data generation capabilities
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area.Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.