Data Quality & Platform Lead Engineer
Takeda PharmaceuticalCambridge, MAAbout the role:
The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of our data. Your primary objective will be to drive data quality initiatives, establish data quality related processes, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to enhance decision-making and optimize business operations.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership abilities, extensive knowledge of data management best practices, and a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry. As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision we aspire to cure cancer. Here, you'll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best. As part of the Oncology Data Digital and Technology group you will report to Director of Data Execution and Operations, Global Oncology, Data, Digital & Technology and work with key stakeholders.
How you will contribute
Develop and implement strategies to maintain high data quality standards across different data sets within commercial pharmaceutical organizations. Establish data quality KPIs and regularly monitor and report on data accuracy and completeness.
Take the lead in initiatives to cleanse, standardize, and enhance the usability and reliability of existing data. Deploy data validation checks to pinpoint and resolve anomalies in the data.
Identify opportunities for the optimization of data-related processes and implement automation wherever feasible. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate data quality considerations into existing workflows.
Institute and enforce data governance policies, standards, and procedures to ensure uniform data practices. Collaborate closely with both IT and business teams to define ownership of data and implement access controls.
Conduct training sessions to raise awareness of data quality issues and promote best practices. Provide guidance and support to teams in improving data quality and its operations.
Work closely with data consumers and stakeholders to understand their data needs and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Act as a liaison between IT and business units to align data quality initiatives with strategic objectives.
Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address data privacy concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Science-related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in data management and data quality in the pharma industry .
- 3+ years of leading cross functional teams and/or people management responsibility.
- Must have strong knowledge of relevant internal and external data sources within the pharmaceutical data ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of data management principles, methodologies, and best practices, including data modeling, data governance, data integration, and data quality management.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA and GDPR, as they relate to data management in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing data quality related processes, systems, tools, and technologies.
- Having prior experience with the Informatica tool for implementing data quality would be a plus.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, and develop a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Travel requirements 10-15%
What Takeda can offer you:
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Flexible Ways of Working
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500Worker Type