Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
This position will be responsible for elicitation, analysis, specification and validation of requirements and constraints to a level that enables effective development and operations of new or changed software, systems, processes, products, and services. The management of requirements throughout the whole of the delivery and operational life cycle of the software, system, processes, products, or services. The adoption and adaptation of requirements management lifecycle models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
- Elicits, documents and analyze business requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Maintains documentation of business process and other artifacts as applicable.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Takes responsibility to analyze business requirements and associated issues and propose solutions.
- Selects, adopts, and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools, and techniques, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Assists senior business analyst and project team members with tasks as needed.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business, relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience in IT as Business Analyst, Consulting as Business Analyst, or a similar role.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understands the implications of new technologies. Understands and communicates industry developments, and the role and impact of technology in USP. Absorbs complex information.
- Promotes compliance with relevant legislation and the need for services, products and working practices to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities.
- Seeks opportunities to improve own business analysis skillsets.
- Highlights potential risks and plans for mitigation risks.
- Takes a leading role in promoting security throughout own area of responsibilities and collectively in USP.
Additional Desired Preferences
- Ability to identify the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Ability to translate communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decisionmaking processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Adapt to changing business needs and facilitate smooth transitions during process/needs/system changes.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired ):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our workfrom the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time