HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Payroll Tax ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will ensure quality of tasks and services, contribute to the completion of milestones associated with department projects, ensure adherence to payroll and timekeeping laws and company policies and establish working relationships with others on the team as well as touch point business partners and vendors.
This individual will provide guidance and direction to support and implement process improvements and support other initiatives within payroll and timekeeping including but not limited to updating desk top procedures and training materials to drive streamlined results. You may train new or less experienced team members and direct their daily work.
- Liaison for outsourced payroll tax processing for U.S., Puerto Rico, expatriate and Canada payroll taxes ensuring 100% of all payroll taxes are processed and filed timely either directly or by the external administrator which includes:
- Researching and handling all tax tracers
- Maintaining the payroll tax amendment log
- Handling all payroll tax report requests from Amgen business partners Corporate Tax, etc.
- Researching and handling all work/home state tax discrepancies
- Ensure all quarterly and annual payroll tax related tasks are completed timely such as quarterly tax reconciliations and associated adjustments and yearend tax filings such as W-2s and associated tax adjustments
- Provides leadership, support, and oversight for our Trailing Equity process
- Handling all payroll tax implications associated with employee inter-company transfers
- Establish new tax jurisdictions for acquisitions, new companies, new states in companies while monitoring SUTA requirements and ensuring major employee moves between companies are reported to states timely
- Processing all payroll tax and workers compensation filing and reporting requirements not handled by the external administrator which includes workers compensation reporting, renewals and administrator information and audit requests and required Bureau of Statistics / Department of Labor report requests
- Provides leadership for the year-end process
- Document opportunities for process efficiency, mechanism of manual tasks and improved audit controls and include these as goals for subsequent performance periods.
- Acts as a liaison with global mobility and associated external vendors handling expatriate employee tax filing requirements.
- Researches and advises payroll staff concerning the payroll tax treatment of complex transactions. May perform periodic internal audits of various payroll tax areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Acts as a resource to assist the Accounting Team with the timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts pertaining to payroll taxes and tax receivables.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of payroll experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of payroll experience
Associates degree and 10 years of payroll experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of payroll experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with ADP Enterprise with a large employer 5,000+
- Experience working with and overseeing an outsourced payroll provider
- Expert knowledge of compliance with local, state, and federal payroll tax regulations and filing associated tax returns.
- Good understanding of payroll and employee benefits related legislation primarily in the areas of federal and state payroll tax, wage and hour laws and benefits taxation
- General understanding of statutory reporting and audit requirements pertaining to GAAP, FASB, SEC reporting and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Advanced report writing skills using payroll, timekeeping and ERP system report writing tools such as ADPR, Reportsmith, SAP, Kronos
- Strong organizational and planning skills to participate in complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and provide coaching and guidance to direct and indirect reports
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in teams to support achievement of project milestones
- Ability to quickly understand and solve operational challenges/problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage complex and multiple tasks
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion in independent judgment
- Advanced analytical skills using spreadsheet programs and good word processing capabilities using Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to speak in public
- CPP / FPC / CPA or other professional certification desired
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.