Ready to shape the future of science and global health? ATCC, a pioneer in biomaterials manufacturing, is seeking a Senior Inside Sales Representative for a hybrid role with Tuesdays & Thursdays in office in Manassas, VA. The Senior Inside Sales Representative is a highly skilled individual responsible for communicating professionally with prospective customers and they attempt to close a sale within a book of larger accounts, keeping customer satisfaction at the forefront of their interactions. They gather information about the customer's needs, via calls received or by placing cold calls and sending emails. They proactively seek to expand the organization's network by building a database of prospective customers.
The Senior Inside Sales Representative works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. They demonstrate judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
This role will be responsible for leading the growth of ATCC's Products and Services in an assigned territory and/or by Product Segment: Oncology, Toxicology, Molecular Diagnostics, or Virology.
- Sell products and/or services to customers almost exclusively via telephone and Internet (e.g., chat, e-mail, video conferencing, etc.) and act as point of contact post-sale, focusing on ongoing customer satisfaction, retention, and growing the business according to a quota.
- Seek methods and guide lower staff on developing new accounts, referrals, and/or generating new business from existing accounts.
- Utilize external contacts to seek and maintain relationships with accounts through ongoing client contact, follow-up, and support.
- Anticipate customer needs and communicate prospective and requested transaction information.
- Provide recommendations to customers based on their needs. Respond to customer inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and services.
- Close sales, defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service group and achieve organizational quota.
- Determine and manage custom solution work and partner internally to develop a proposal. Partner on complex custom solutions with business managers.
- Execute sales strategy, generate sales reports, and identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring service levels are met.
- Ensure administrative tasks are accurately entered in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Stay ahead of organizational products and services and be able to explain on the spot.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years' experience or equivalent experience.
- A strong background in Sales is required.
- Experience working with CRM and ERP systems to manage the Sales Funnel from lead creation through sale is required.
- Prior experience working in the Life Sciences or Biotech industries is preferred.
We Invest in You
- Health & Wellness:
- Comprehensive medical coverage and company paid Life Insurance, Disability Insurance & AD&D.
- Work life balance with Paid Holidays and PTO.
- Fitness and cell phone subsidies, and additional benefits such as Aflac, legal services, and pet insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program offering around-the-clock counseling.
- Financial security:
- 401(a) (6% employer contribution) and 403(b) (2% match) retirement plans.
- Corporate bonus program.
- Mission Focused:
- Non-profit organization supporting critical life science research
- We give scientists the tools they need to make discoveries that improve and save lives.
- Contribute to community involvement and social responsibility.
- Exceptional career advancement opportunities, recognition, and rewards.
Join ATCC, where we fuel your success, well-being, and development. We're a mission focused non-profit Equal Opportunity Employer, championing diversity and inclusivity. When you work at ATCC, you become a part of that mission, one we've committed to for almost 100 years. Shape the future of science with us.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.