We are looking for a talented Instrument Engineer to join our team! Our Instrument Engineers support projects for new and/or replacement instruments and assure they are fit-for-purpose. We support investigations where measurement issues may be a contributing root cause, and we develop specifications and standards for instruments. In this role, you will support authoring and maintain configuration specifications for manufacturing equipment for the production of our life-changing products.
As an Instrument Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Specifying cGMP process instrumentation, components, and spare parts.
- Setting priorities for and completing Calibration Range and Tolerance Justifications forms for new instruments.
- Evaluating new instruments for Functional Equivalence to existing instrumentation that has become obsolete.
- Reviewing and approving input/output lists for automated systems.
- Conducting troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex instrumentation and associated systems.
- Creating and maintaining configuration specifications for cGMP manufacturing equipment.
- Assisting in the design review of equipment, and approved supplier lists for instrumentation.
- Writing and executing test plans to demonstrate instrument suitability.
- Implementing corrective/preventative actions for existing equipment.
- Preparing engineering evaluations and test plans for change control documentation.
- Possibly supervising engineering contractors.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have a full understanding of common process instrumentation including but not limited to: load cells, pressure transmitters/gauges, pH sensors, dissolved oxygen sensors, temperature sensors, mass flow meters, UV analyzers, conductivity sensors, TOC analyzers and level sensors.
- Excel at working independently as part of a broader multi-functional team.
- Enjoy being able to think independently to make quality decisions based on analyzing available and potentially limited information.
- Find working in an ambiguous environment with changing priorities exciting.
- Have the innate ability to guide the prioritization, coordination, and completion of multiple projects within tight timeframes, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Are experienced utilizing advanced problem-solving methods and leadership for investigations.
- Are familiar with equipment specification requirements.
- Have outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy.
- Are able to understand and implement project plans and schedules.
- Possess an understanding of process control systems and automation (preferred).
To be considered for the Instrument Engineer position, you must have a BS/BA in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) and the following minimum experience:
- Associate Instrument Engineer: 1+ year of relevant engineering experience
- Instrument Engineer: 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Senior Instrument Engineer: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Level will be determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Direct experience with biopharmaceutical process equipment is highly desirable.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$62,400.00 - $135,800.00