GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Lab Associate IV / Team Lead (Accessioning) for the Lab Operations Team - This role will assist in establishing GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory Accessioning Department, and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory. The focus of the lab associate will be on the receipt, triage, accession, and centrifugation of patient samples submitted to the Clinical Laboratory for testing. This is a full time position with working hours of 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM, Tuesday through Saturday.You Will:
You Background Will Include:
- Be responsible for unpacking samples from shipping containers and accessioning samples into LIMS including troubleshooting sample issues and LIMS errors.
- Be responsible for equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory of materials, supplies, and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Check, monitor, and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations, implement resolutions or initiate a service request as necessary.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for training laboratory personnel and maintaining competency of existing personnel.
- Organize and maintain laboratory, equipment, personnel, and training documents.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Provide guidance for new Lab Assistants, give constructive feedback, and provide peer review feedback for evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/Associates degree and 4-6 years of related experience. Or BS/BA degree and 0-2 years of related experience
- At least 3 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the analytical sample processing steps and in all other supporting functions.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to participate in projects and complete assignments as expected.
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues.
- High volume laboratory experience preferred.
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.