The Account Supervisor is responsible for independently leading daily account activities for assigned brand(s), encompassing strategic planning, marketing communication development, tactical implementation, and collaboration with agency partners. This role ensures client satisfaction through quality work, demonstrating the value of our partnership and services, and responsiveness to meet their business objectives. This role may also manage direct reports depending on the needs of the business.
· Understand annual brand objectives and strategies to effectively execute initiatives aligned with those goals
· Create comprehensive multimedia communication plans and initiatives through strategic and creative collaboration with internal teams with minimal supervision from a senior account lead
· Lead the creation of client deliverables from initiation to completion, ensuring timely, budget-friendly, and strategically aligned completion
· Provide clear communication with clients and internal teams to verify that account status, meetings, and deliverables are progressing in alignment with objectives
· Partner with clients, internal teams and review stakeholders on the promotional review process to ensure efficiency and accuracy in final deliverables
· Master brand/product knowledge, category and market dynamics to instill client confidence and contribute to strategic discussions
· Cultivate the client relationship to establish a trusted partnership with the agency
· Point of contact for all account related issues, with the ability to discern when and how to elevate concerns when higher-level intervention is required for resolution
· Supervise, support and foster the development of assigned direct and indirect team members
Ensure the financial well-being of the account by creating, overseeing, and reporting job estimates and budgets within client parameters, while adhering to financial and procurement protocols.
· Experience: 6+ years’ pharmaceutical advertising agency experience, proven track record of successful client service, previous experience supervising account team
· Education: Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent business experience within the pharmaceutical or related industry
· Software: Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and relevant review platforms, such as Veeva
· Skills: Proficiency in impactful written and verbal communication required, adept at effective presentations and gauging audience responses, solid grasp of science and healthcare, thorough understanding of promotional review procedures, adept multitasking and prioritization in fast-paced settings, meticulous attention to detail, and persistent follow-up capabilities
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.