Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is pioneering a new approach to drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a Senior Scientist, DMPK, to help us accelerate Recursion’s discovery programs and contribute to the progression of the clinical development portfolio. You will serve as DMPK functional representative to provide expert ADME and PK guidance and support to discovery and early clinical development programs. In this role you will:
- Deploy your expert ADME and PK-PD-efficacy (exposure-effect) assessments for the discovery stage through clinical candidate molecules across Recursion’s portfolio.
- Help develop and leverage state of the art predictive and computational tools to expedite ADME optimization and accelerate timelines from hit to candidate.
- Leverage HT-ADME data for automated holistic compound evaluations, help shape the future of Recursion’s HT platforms to industrialize drug discovery.
- Produce documents for regulatory filings (e.g., IND), nonclinical protocols, and final reports. This could include human dose predictions, DDI de-risking, and input on model-informed clinical program design.
- Support and mentor junior staff on project teams outside and within DMPK.
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join Recursion's DMPK department, reporting to the Director of DMPK. DMPK is an end-to-end organization, designed to impact all phases of drug discovery and development. The team is dedicated to leveraging translational planning in the earliest phases of discovery projects, enabling acceleration of candidate selection. You will work closely with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, Clinical Pharmacology, Biology, Pharmacology, Toxicology and others.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD, PharmD with 3+ years serving as ADME program lead in drug discovery/development or MS with 5+ years; industry experience is highly preferred but will consider commensurate postdoc experience
- In-depth understanding of ADME-PK principles and the application of ADME-PK information supporting early discovery, lead optimization, candidate selection, IND and IB preparation, and early clinical development
- Familiar with PK/PD and MIDD approaches to inform progression of drug discovery efforts from basic research through clinical development
- Prefer to experience using predictive ADMET models in discovery research
- Proven success working and communicating with cross-functional teams
How You’ll be Supported
- Training on Recursion’s culture and values and our Drug Discovery & Development processes to provide insight to our unique approach and strategy for success.
- Direct, regular engagement with peers and leaders locally in DMPK and cross-functionally to enable your continued growth and learning
- Opportunity to learn and use AI/ML for ADME/PK prediction
- Professional development supported with broad learning in house as well as support for professional conferences in your area of expertise
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
- Developing: $122,000
- Skilled: $135,000
- Expert: $149,000
To learn more about our level within levels, click here
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area.Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.