Sales & Business Development Manager is responsible for sales, marketing and business development of synthetic peptide growth factors and related products/services. It is also part of the job to promote and implement the strategic growth plan for business in North America in conjunction with team in Japan, including but not limited to potential strategic partnerships.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop business of synthetic peptide growth factors for regenerative medicine, cell therapies, and cultivated meat/seafood industries.
- Propose and implement marketing plans
- Actively reach out to potential customers in different ways (in-person visit, e-mail, phone call, web meeting, SNS, and so on depending on the situations) and develop business. Potential customers would be mainly pharmaceutical/biotech 2 companies, cultivated meat/seafood companies, cell culture media companies, CDMOs, reagent companies, and research institutions.
- Closely work with distributors and manage the relationships and business through them
- Propose new products/services together with its business scheme and/or find any potential strategic partnerships and opportunities in the related areas
- Attending the industry trade shows, trade associations, and conferences to maintain and expand human network in the industries
- Establish an annual sales budget and perform to meet/exceed the budget
- Discussion/negotiation and customers such as but not limited to price quotations, inquires, questions and contract executions
- Accurately and punctually execute purchase and sales orders
- Keep close communication and work hand-in-hand with logistics & customer service staff
- Review the internal & external regulations and create documents/records required to execute each business when necessary
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENT:
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in sales and marketing or business development of ingredients/products related to pharmaceuticals, biochemicals or bioreagents
- Basic understanding on chemistry and biology
- Open-minded, sociable and out-going character
- Aggressiveness in business development (including but not limited to reaching out to new customers actively)
- Mind of compliance to internal & external regulations to full extent
- Daily e-mail/phone with customers, suppliers and counterparts within the client group of companies.
- Highly attentive to customer requirements and desire to achieve customer satisfaction
- High level of cross-cultural understanding especially Japan, China and India
PREFERRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related fields Experience: Sales and marketing or business development experience in ingredients/reagents for cell culture media, bio-pharmaceuticals, regenerative medicine, cell therapies, and cultivated meat/seafood
- Understanding on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Understanding on commercial and technical aspects of regenerative medicine, cell therapies, and cultivated meat/seafood products
- Need to be able to visit customers across North America on a weekly basis (estimate 50-75% of the time)