HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Title Training & Development ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role you will support and provide adult learning methodologies and performance consulting skills to analyze performance issues. This position partners with Amgen Ohio (AOH) Management to apply human performance technology and develop training and performance strategies that support Lean and compliant operations. This position supports managers in the identification of training requirements, design, development, and maintenance of training materials and monitoring and control tools.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with managers to apply human performance theory and uses analytical skills applied to performance issues to identify solutions that support business needs.
- Applies instructional design and adult learning methodologies to design and develop solutions in a variety of delivery formats.
- Manages assigned projects.
- Works with internal clients to manage their curricula and assignments and ensures all training materials are integrated with the Learning Management System per defined business processes.
- Supports the gathering and evaluation of metrics that ensure the effectiveness of performance solutions and training materials.
- Serves as AOH first point of contact for performance and training questions.
- Participates in global training forums and represents Amgen Ohio in global programs governance and prioritization processes.
- Writes instructional materials, leaders' guides, on-the-job training, and other training materials, and modifies existing material as needed.
- Develops and conducts Train-the-Trainer classes as needed.
- Works with audit response teams to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Provides proactive strategic planning to clients regarding future performance needs and global curricula projects.
- Ensures that training content is current and meets all compliance standards.
- Travel, up to 10%
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Life Sciences, or Training experience.Or
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Life Sciences, or Training experience.Or
Associates degree and 10 years of Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Life Sciences, or Training experience.Or
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology, Life Sciences, or Training experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of performance consultant, instructional designer, and/or curriculum developer experience
- Experience in project management (managing projects, defining scope, tracking achievements)
- Experience in budget management
- Experience with the business processes surrounding learning management or training systems (e.g., SumTotal)
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Experience in performance consulting and needs analysis
- Experience using ADDIE or other instructional design methodology in the creation of training materials
- Effective communication; both written and verbal
- A general understanding of working in a regulated environment (e.g., FDA, OSHA)
- Ability to work with staff across all levels of an organization
- E-learning design experience and knowledge of e-learning delivery systems (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate)
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, and Excel
- Experience in the use of advanced technologies such as augmented reality, virtual reality, and generative AI
- Established Leadership capabilities
- Passion for Operational Excellence
- Financial savvy
- Communications skills, both oral and written, including executive presentation skills
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills to forge consensus among competing client interests while ensuring objectives are met
- Ability to influence peers and executive leadership tactfully and positively
- Analytical skills to identify potential improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of industry trends (e.g., regulatory and compliance, technology, human performance programs, sustainability, etc.)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.