HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
CDnA - Commercial Insights Sr Manager, Primary Market ResearchLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role the Commercial Insights Senior Manager will lead insights generation activities by conducting primary market research (qualitative and quantitative) to inform strategic business decisions. and engaging other Commercial Data and Analytics (CDnA) team members. The role reports to the Director for Commercial Insights, General Medicine.
Flexible Commuter role to Thousand Oaks, US Headquarters site. You will work on-site a minimum of 2 days a week.
Key job responsibilities:
- Turn unstructured business questions into appropriate market research plans that result in high quality, meaningful, and actionable deliverables for inline and pipeline products
- Translate key research findings into strategic and tactical recommendations that help drive brand success
- Synthesize and integrate various research findings, thought leadership materials, and analyses into actionable insights
- Ensure that analyses and summaries of results are shared in the form of compelling narratives that deepen customer understanding
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to appropriately understand and define key business questions
- Stay on the leading edge of market research techniques and capabilities; lead implementation of new research methodologies and best practices
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class market research vendors
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Some travel required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The market research professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of market research and/or analytics experience
Masters degree and 4 years of market research and/or analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of market research and/or analytics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of market research and/or analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of market research and/or analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Excellent technical skills in primary market research, including experience across a broad range of study designs and participant types
- Ability to address business questions through primary market research
- Demonstrated ability to dig deep and uncover the why beneath observed HCP and patient behaviors
- Ability to function independently
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.