About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Forecasting and Portfolio Prioritization Lead in our Cambridge, MA office or Zurich, Switzerland.
You will be in the Global Product & Launch Strategy (GPLS) group at Takeda which unlocks the full potential of Takeda's pipeline and global brands by building commercialization strategies that deliver transformative benefits to the lives of patients across many therapeutic areas.
The Global Forecasting team is part of Global Insights & Analytics (GIA), which is part of the Global Product & Launch Strategy Excellence team at Takeda. The Forecasting and Portfolio Prioritization Lead will be empowered to provide strategic forecasting & analytics support for Takeda’s portfolio brands and business development (BD) assessments. You will also lead the GPLS portfolio analyses to inform portfolio strategy and prioritization decisions. You will have an in-depth understanding of the GPLS pipeline assets and global inline brands and will consolidate insights from primary market research, competitive intelligence and secondary data sources into long-term strategic forecasts and recommendations. You will report to the Head of Forecasting and Data Strategy.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the development of strategic patient-based forecast models for pipeline assets and for potential licensing, acquisition, and partnership opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with commercial, market analytics, competitive intelligence, global pricing, and market access, to ensure comprehensive market insights are integrated into forecasts.
- Leverage advanced analytics and integrate data available across multiple sources to enhance our understanding of market impact, Takeda's brand, and business strategy; synthesize data to convey a cohesive, data-driven forecast.
- Be a strategic thought partner to the commercial/New Product Leads (NPLs) and other key stakeholders as they work through the strategy to achieve growth in global inline brands and accelerate pipeline assets.
- Provide independent, objective, and strategic thinking grounded in market knowledge, challenging partners for BD and Pipeline forecasts.
- Communicate forecast details, uncertainties and identify/ measure risks and opportunities for key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Lead the annual strategic long range planning process for assigned brands.
- Apply analytical skills to perform analyses on real-world data and claim data sets to obtain insights regarding Takeda's markets and customers.
- Use insights from analytics to inform forecasting and portfolio prioritization decisions.
- Develop portfolio analyses that provide insights for GPLS and Regional leaders.
- Present recommendations to senior GPLS stakeholders and Takeda governance bodies with presentations, communications, and briefings.
- Partner with R&D and other relevant team members to provide GPLS commercial perspective to the pipeline prioritization process.
- Help identify resource trade off scenarios and help develop strategies for mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Health sciences or related discipline / advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech, OR the consultancy industries with a focus on the life sciences
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics / forecasting role, with US experience.
- Advanced modeling skills and proficiency in using appropriate tools for forecasting and reporting of forecasts.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively.
- Knowledge of real-world data such as claims, EMR preferred hands-on experience analyzing these data sets.
- Working knowledge of US and Global market dynamics
- Experience in project management across a range of functions, seniority levels, and geographic locations.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as 'hybrid' in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Zurich, SwitzerlandWorker Type