At Corcept Therapeutics, we believe the potential impact of cortisol modulation on the future of health has long gone overlooked. That is why for twenty-five years we have pushed the boundaries of what is possible, driven by fiercely independent science, open collaboration and the curiosity to follow the data wherever it leads.
Our company is committed to building a culture that values diverse perspectives and the unique contributions of every employee. Our vibrant community is made up of over 300 people—medical practitioners, scientists, and industry professionals—all with the shared goal of advancing the science of cortisol modulation to treat serious disease.
Our work has uncovered over 1000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators, including our marketed product, Korlym® (mifepristone), the first treatment available for those living with Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening condition caused by excess cortisol activity. Today, we have a unique opportunity to revolutionize the treatment of severe endocrine, oncology, metabolism and neurology disorders and aim to deliver better outcomes for the people affected by them.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill the role of Thought Leader Liaison. As a Thought Leader Liaison, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) within the various medical specialties involved in caring for patients affected by hypercortisolism. These would include, but are not limited to, endocrinology, diabetology, cardiology, nephrology, radiology, and endocrine surgery. Your expertise and strategic insights will contribute to the successful expansion of the screening and diagnosis of hypercortisolism among various high-risk patient populations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong educational background, a solid track record in the pharmaceutical industry, and a deep understanding of marketing and launch strategies.
Thought Leader Engagement: Identify, establish, and nurture relationships with thought leaders, healthcare professionals, and key opinion leaders in relevant therapeutic areas. Engage in meaningful and strategic discussions to gather insights, share clinical information, and build advocacy for our pharmaceutical offerings.
- Strategic Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Sales, and Clinical Development to develop and execute thought leader engagement plans that align with various business objectives.
- Education and Advocacy: Provide thought leaders with accurate and up-to-date scientific and clinical information. Act as a scientific resource, addressing inquiries, and facilitating discussions to enhance thought leader understanding and endorsement of our products.
- KOL Speaker Identification: Identify potential thought leaders who can serve as speakers for educational programs, advisory boards, and other promotional activities. Collaborate with Medical Affairs and Marketing teams to develop speaker training programs and materials.
- Expert Advisor Identification: Identify potential thought leaders best suited to contribute valuable and necessary feedback to various key commercial initiatives via participation in advisory meetings and steering committees.
- Market Insights: Gather and communicate valuable market insights, competitive intelligence, and emerging trends to internal stakeholders. Leverage this information to inform product positioning, messaging, and strategic decision-making.
- Thought Leadership Initiatives: Develop and execute thought leadership initiatives such as webinars, symposia, and advisory board meetings and contribute to local/regional/national conference planning efforts to foster engagement, knowledge exchange, and scientific collaboration among thought leaders and the broader medical community.
- Compliance: Ensure all interactions and activities with thought leaders adhere to company policies, industry regulations, and compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required. Advanced degree (Masters, PharmD, PhD) is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with a proven track record of success and progression.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing strategies within the pharmaceutical industry. Launch experience is a plus.
- Strong network and established relationships with key opinion leaders and thought leaders in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence thought leaders effectively.
- Thorough understanding of medical and scientific concepts, and the ability to translate complex information into clear and concise messaging.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and lead projects within a matrixed organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of industry regulations and compliance guidelines related to interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Ability to travel as needed to engage with thought leaders and attend conferences, meetings, and events. Travel requirements will vary by territory, but could be up to 60% and will involve overnight travel.
- Advanced degree in sciences
- Experience working with specialty pharmaceutical products and therapeutic areas.
- Previous experience in Thought Leader Development or related roles.
- Proven track record of successful thought leader engagement and advocacy initiatives.
- Strong personal leadership skills to drive performance and support corporate objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Well organized and meticulous.
- Creativity and resilience in problem solving.
- Relentless hands-on drive to implement and accomplish performance goals.
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $190,000 - $210,000; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer