Senior Administrative Coordinator, Global Commercial Strategy and Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a better, healthier world for all people. We have commercialized more than 25 innovative medicines, helping to transform treatment for people living with HIV, viral hepatitis, cancer, and other life-threatening diseases. Through our ongoing bold and transformative science, we're driving innovations that have the potential to become the next generation of life-changing medicines.
Our employees include some of the most talented innovators in the biopharmaceutical industry. We are always looking for the next wave of passionate people interested in joining an intellectually stimulating, socially responsible company with a track record of addressing serious illnesses and public health issues around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical and visible role in helping to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases. Because the impossible is not impossible. It's what's next.Senior Administrative Coordinator - Global Commercial Strategy and Operations (GCSO)
This Senior Admin Coordinator role is reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Commercial Strategy & Operations.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage SVP's calendar and daily agenda, proactively addressing agenda conflicts, ensuring technical feasibility of key meetings (time zones, meeting rooms, technology, time buffers).
- Manage SVP outlook inbox. Scan and filter emails, proactively identify & manage items that do not require SVP involvement.
- Process expenses for SVPs on a timely monthly basis.
- Manage SVP travel and forward-looking management of multiple complex diaries as importance basis.
- Pro-active update and communication to team members.
- Align own activities to department goals, understand the regions' G&Os and derive implications for own remit.
- Manage org charts, distribution lists and contacts list. Identify and add new internal and external contacts details to enable effective communication and avoid inefficiencies.
- Manage shared filing system and timely communication to relevant colleagues. Develop well-structured and up to date share-drive system, access rights according to regions' governance structure.
- Manage meetings logistics both F2F and virtual meetings with arrange meeting rooms / venues / remote set up including regional townhalls. Organize and ensure delivery of technical equipment, hospitality and other resources. Timely communication to participants, incl. presenting relevant details reliably in outlook.
- Manage meetings' content preparation & follow-up with foresight track and build meeting agendas and communicate to participants. Organize, collect and prepare pre-work requirements and manage timelines / milestones for preparation. Write meeting minutes, action item lists and communicate it to participants. Follow-up and manage list of pending / completed action items.
- Support LE and country visit presentations, corporate narrative, regional state of business. Create & design presentations based on the briefing by SVP incl. inputs from other colleagues. Develop from draft versions to professional format/lay out and update earlier versions with new data and current topics.
- Manage suppliers including supplier set-up; purchase order creation, tracking and invoicing and reconciliation (P-Card).
- May manage or participate in more complex and larger projects on affiliate and regional level.
- Substitution partnership with other admin to cover for each other in case of absence for extended period of time.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Please see the following for the qualifications and skills we seek for this roleMinimum Education & Experience
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Behaviors
- Minimum of a high school diploma plus 5+ years administrative experience
- Higher education is highly preferred.
- Proven administration experience within a fast-paced organization supporting Senior Level Management.
- Experience in working across geographies, time zones, complex and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in creating a strong network of stakeholders to ensure appropriate coordination within the unit and across corporate functions.
- Professional demeanor with a deep commitment to producing high quality work.
- Strong prioritization skills and well organized and structured demeanor
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Proactive and accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse cultures and teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience using a number of office software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, etc.
- Strong understanding and ability to work with remote communication tools: VC/TC, Zoom.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures.
- The position will be based in Foster City, CA.
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
The salary range for this position is: $120,445.00 - $155,870.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.