Sr. IT Business Analysis Manager, R&D
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Office Location
: Raleigh, NC POSITION OVERVIEW:
IT Business Analysis is a core job family within Gilead's broader Information Technology (IT) group. IT Business Analysts support Gilead business strategies and operations by taking the lead on evaluation, analysis and planning of technology, process and related business needs to enable more efficient business operations and faster, more effective achievement of business strategies and goals. IT Business Analysts work closely with business leads and other IT partner functions to develop and maintain in-depth understanding of business needs and objectives in both general business and technology realms. IT Business Analysts play a critical role in use case analysis, functional design specification, processing mapping, testing and validation of business technology solutions. IT Business Analysts lead the coordination of IT resources to deliver against business needs and objectives. This group stays abreast of dynamics and evolutions in their business and technology areas of assignment to proactively recommend future solutions or other opportunities to the business.
You will act as lead business analyst to assigned business groups or for assigned IT domains. You will lead or otherwise participate in evaluation and feasibility analysis for new or updated systems or applications. You will lead or otherwise participate in all analyses, planning and coordination of IT resources to support assigned projects, including compilation and recommendations on possible solutions, process or other implications, costs, etc. You will develop testing and training plans for assigned projects and you may test or oversee testing of new / updated solutions. You will develop and deliver or oversee process updates and user training. You will lead or otherwise participate in in post-implementation reviews. You will monitor systems / applications and processes in the assigned area to ensure appropriate, effective, and efficient operations, and recommend updates or other opportunities. You may participate in or oversee configuration, debugging and other related activities for systems / applications in the assigned area. You will provide and/or arrange technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries and to resolve other operating issues. You will coordinate and manage internal and external IT resources to support assigned projects. You will play a key role in supporting and modeling the culture within your team and the broader IT organization - a culture of high-performance, data-driven decision-making, value-driven prioritization, quality governance, and compliance. Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Conducts or otherwise oversees and manages business / user requirements gathering / needs analysis
- Conducts or otherwise oversees and manages analysis for initial business case, resource requirements, categorization, and prioritization
- Ensures timely and appropriate analysis of current business processes and systems / applications and recommendations for improvement based on business needs and objectives, industry trends and best practices
- Documents or otherwise oversees and manages business process flows for current and future state
- Documents or otherwise oversees and manages user requirements and use cases
- Ensures timely and appropriate requirements and other analysis are provided to development teams for functional requirements definition
- Where applicable, collaborates on request for proposal submissions and responses, vendor evaluation, contract readiness and other assessments, such as GxP / SOX requirements
- Participates in design reviews
- Creates and develops or otherwise oversees and manages test scenario definition
- Ensures timely and appropriate support for user acceptance testing (UAT), including reviewing UAT test results and collaborating with technical teams on any issue resolution
- Ensures timely and appropriate support for project roll-out on deployment / project delivery, including implementation requirements, project communications and training end users
- Conducts or supports value affirmation analysis once the project is operational
- Manages or otherwise oversees enhancements, defect analysis, and recommendations for resolution
- Where applicable, manages vendor deliverables associated with own work
- Ensures assigned work complies with established practices, policies, and processes and any regulatory or other requirements
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Please see the following for the qualifications and skills we seek for this role. Minimum Education & Experience
- 10+ years' relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- 8+ years' relevant experience with AA
- 6+ years' relevant experience with BS / BA
- 4+ years' relevant experience with MS / MA / MBA
- Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
- Significant IT experience in a corporate or other relevant business environment
- Experience supporting IT business systems analysis, planning, budgeting and coordination of IT resources to support business needs
- Business process engineering and project management experience is preferred
- Experience with IT integrations and cloud transformations is preferred
- IT experience in support of business areas in life sciences is a plus
NOTE: Years of experience may not apply outside of the U.S. Knowledge & Other Requirements
- Demonstrates expertise in one or more technology environments and ability to lead projects or workstreams for one or more IT areas in support of a particular business function or key IT workstream
- Demonstrates understanding of design and solution development methods, the Project Execution Process, and the fundamentals of requirement specification, design and development, configuration, and testing of business systems / applications
- Knowledge of best practices in IT or related project management, continuous improvements and change management
- Experience in relevant platforms (ARGUS, Automation BOTS, DataVision, Eclipse, GLASS, MedDocs) as well as other IT Research & Development industry systems
- Thorough knowledge of Agile and proven abilities to apply these to support IT solutions to meet business needs and objectives
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and SLC relevant to business functions and their business and technology needs, including knowledge of the multiple IT functions involved
- Thorough knowledge of key programming languages and requirements relevant to assigned domain
- Knowledge of cloud computing, e.g., AWS, and migration requirements
- Knowledge of IT security, quality and risk management requirements relevant to assigned domain
- Strong working knowledge of installed technologies, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems on existing technologies
- Knowledge of integration points between supported and other technologies and how to manage these for optimal operations
- Understands basic architectural considerations and appropriately factors these into recommendations and decisions
- Understands UX principles, practices and techniques and is able to apply to IT solutions to ensure a good user experience
- Understands future trends in IT
- Knowledge of or aptitude to learn regulatory requirements relevant to the biopharma industry
- Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to change, to move between projects easily and provide support/expertise where needed
- Proven analytical abilities with high attention-to-detail as demonstrated through past experiences and/or academic achievements
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lead and influence programs, projects and / or initiatives
- When needed, ability to travel
The salary range for this position is: $146,200.00 - $189,200.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.