About the Department
Our Boston Research & Development hub, anchored in the greater Boston area, brings together the best minds in life science innovation. The teams located in facilities in Lexington, Watertown and Cambridge reflect the full R&D continuum, from early research through late-stage clinical development. Here, we are building for the future, creating a distinct R&D community based on collaboration, partnerships, and cutting-edge research across multiple modalities and therapeutic areas. We recognize that improving human health starts here and that patients rely on us. Our greater Boston R&D hub merges biotech speed and agility with large pharmaceutical company quality, resources, and stability, uniting the best of both worlds to develop new medicines for patients.
The team is comprised of collaborative, diverse and passionate people who have a true sense of pride in their work and are committed to helping others grow and develop their careers. You’ll also have a platform to engage with key stakeholders on a global scale throughout the entire pipeline process. And while changing the future of diabetes and obesity treatment is no easy task, we also recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which is why we’ve cultivated a culture of fun, ingenuity and innovation. And our competitive compensation package and support of a healthy work-life balance all add to a best-in-class employee experience. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Provide complex technical support for research activities in multiple in vivo & in vitro projects focused on expedited evaluation & the clinical translation of therapies for the relevant research area. This position will be responsible for experimental planning, execution, & analyses with limited supervisor support.
Reports to of the head of the Associate Director, Immunobiology and may be supervised by a Scientist.
This position will interact with the related research area team members and other research groups at Novo Nordisk in the Boston area, as well as global internal stakeholders and external research collaborators.
• Hands-on experimental effort with varying degrees of complexity and with moderate supervision.
• Designs and conducts experiments with collaborating scientist or project team.
• Independently leads the development and implementation of assays to support research projects
• Interpret and properly document experimental data.
• Ensures data integrity and documentation through maintenance of laboratory notebooks and ensuring data and results are entered into the electronic notebook in a timely manner.
• May have responsibility for specific method or study.
• Function as part of a collaborative, often global, team to support research needs
• Works with team to ensure better practice sharing and implementation within the lab.
• Supports business goals, shares learnings, knowledge and skills, and cross-functional teamwork.
• Occasionally provides assistance to and/or mentoring other technical staff.
• Independently executes experiments and performs data analyses of moderate complexity
• Correctly interprets data and make recommendations for next steps with increasing independence, and will contribute to formal study reports and protocols.
• Responsible for developing, optimizing & drafting protocols for methods of moderate complexity with limited input from supervisor
• Presents findings at the scientist, department, and site-level.
• Manages personal experimental timelines to meet project and personal goals
• Be an active contributor to creating and sustaining an inclusive culture of curiosity that embraces diversity
0-10% overnight travel required. Ability to lift 50lbs.
• High School Diploma required.
• With a High School Diploma, 10+ years of experience required; with a Vocational Degree or Associates Degree, 6+ years of relevant experience required; with a Bachelor’s degree, 4+ years of relevant experience; or with Master’s Degree, no industry or post-graduate experience required.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to take on and successfully complete tasks of increasing complexity
• Collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks required.
• Computer proficiency and the ability and desire to learn new software programs.
• Required Experience
Experience working with immune cells from human, rodent, and/or non-human primate
Experience working with human blood and tissue
Experience flow cytometry assays and analyses, live cell imaging
Expert cell culture skills
• Preferred Experience
Experience working with high content imaging and analyses
Experience working with fluidics and complex cell systems
Experience in immune mechansims related to diabetes, obesity, kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or liver disease
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.