At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
At Lilly, we believe in the talent of our workforce. One of the best ways to utilize and develop that talent is to use our existing workforce to fill new and/or open positions. If you are looking for a new position within Lilly, you can view and apply to open roles posted in the internal job posting system. You must meet the minimum qualifications outlined in the job description and have/obtain work authorization in the country the position is located in order to be considered. When applying internally for a position, your current supervisor will receive notification that you have applied to the position. We encourage employees to discuss the opportunity with their supervisor prior to applying.
Territory Managers will be responsible for developing relationships with all practicing endocrinologists and pediatric endocrinologists who are prescribers/influencers of treatment for the disease states represented in the Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios. These representatives will also be responsible for selling the Diabetes portfolio in key hospital accounts: including interactions with attending endocrinologists, endocrine fellows, diabetes educators, chief internal medicine residents, chief family practice residents, and residents involved in endocrine rotations. The Specialty representative will build relationships with these key customers to increase Lilly’s ability to drive adoption of our new and existing diabetes therapies.
- Identify and develop business relationships with key customers, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, key influencers/prescribers, and managed care organizations and establish oneself as a true diabetes/endocrine expert and resource.
- Develop deep professional/industry knowledge in multiple disease states represented in Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios including knowledge of competitive products.
- Implement/drive brand value messages and interventions to exceed customer needs and assist with device training, reimbursement, and distribution via alternate channels where applicable.
- Ability to engage in an active dialogue with physicians on complex subjects and influence the use of the injectable products.
- Effective selling of multiple products on a single call. Work across different account levels: with hospitals, department chiefs, nurses, certified diabetes educators, and allied medical professionals to optimize Lilly’s contribution to successful diabetes and endocrine care with targeted accounts. Effective account management as it relates to meeting and exceeding targeting/message/frequency/programs.
- Work with Lilly Partners, Alliance Partners and Specialty District Team to leverage impact across your territory and district.
- Operate with high integrity and comply with Lilly policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Professional Certification or License if required by a specific state
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs.
- Proven leadership and teamwork with peers; Ability to influence teammates to build a strong performance-centered culture
- Top tier portfolio sales results
- Experience working with internal teammates, including sales sleeves and other internal partners (MHS, etc)
- Experience working with external partners, including contract sales organizations and commercially partnered organizations
- Excellent interpersonal/coordination/communication skills ability to coordinate with partners and build teams
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key accounts and caregivers
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Demonstrated eye for business and business ownership mentality
- Demonstrated project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influence and negotiation skills
- Innovation, creativity, and a self-starter
- Live within territory or within 30 miles of territory boundaries
- Some evening programs and overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required.
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
Lilly currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from between $73,500-$180,400 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Lilly offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including eligibility to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k); pension; vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities).Of course, the compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Lilly reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion and Lilly’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Lilly employees.
Note: Roles are posted at the lowest level of a band, however, employees should search across all levels of the band to identify all opportunities. Employees hired on banded positions (ex: P1-P3, R1-R2, B1-B3, etc.) transfer at their current level, despite the level indicated on the job posting. For example, if a P2 candidate is selected for a P1-P3 banded position, the candidate will remain a P2 in the new role.
Note: When applying internally for a position your current supervisor receives notification that you have applied to the position. We encourage employees to discuss the opportunity with their supervisor prior to applying.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.