The Field Reimbursement Manager supports the Kerecis field sales team, customers, and internal Benefits Investigation (BI) team on all reimbursement issues and inquiries. The Manager is responsible for conducting field-based customer support and education in private offices, hospitals, and wound care centers. Additionally, they will be the point of contact for the field sales team and must be able to travel nationwide and support customers according to their time zone. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the skin substitute market, experience in customer-focused settings, as well as the ability to educate and train others on reimbursement. We seek someone who is adaptable, resilient, and has the drive to push Kerecis’ reimbursement to the next level.
The Field Reimbursement Manager is a part of the Customer Transformation team and reports directly to the EVP of Customer Transformation. Candidate should reside in Chicago, Missouri, Indiana or Michigan.
- Support the field sales team, customers, and internal Benefits Investigation (BI) team by being the point of contact on all reimbursement issues and inquiries
- Conduct reimbursement orientations with billing managers of private offices and wound care centers to train them for success
- Assist customers with billing questions, claim denials, and appeals
- Build and maintain customer relationships as a non-sales reimbursement contact
- Educate the field sales team on the status of current BIs, how current non-covered BIs may be overturned, and identifying areas of opportunity within regional payer markets
- Support the internal BI team by reviewing BIs and coverage with customers and the field sales team
- Ability to conduct field-based customer support and education related to payer coverage and payment processes
- Knowledge of customer-focused selling skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong ability to educate and train customers and employees
- Understand HIPAA rules and regulations related to patient privacy
- Excellent computers skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree, required
- Expertise in the skin substitute market, required
- AAPC billing and coding certifications, preferred
- 3 – 5 years of reimbursement experience, preferred
Travel: 30% - 50%
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time. Kerecis LLC is an equal opportunity employer.