A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Specialist, Quality Systems resides in the Quality Systems & Compliance Team and provides strategic and tactical leadership to GMP compliance programs & processes, quality systems, and computerized systems.
The incumbent will:
- Manage and execute required quality and GMP compliance activities to ensure compliance with GMPs and regulatory filling, providing inspection readiness of the site and maintaining the license to operate.
- Be the lead/process owner of one or more quality systems across the site, including oversight responsibilities of the quality system’s process, procedures, monitoring, and maintenance. The incumbent will demonstrate proficiency in the Quality System of ownership.
- Drive continuous improvements efforts through monitoring of site systems and processes against current compliance requirements and influencing key stakeholders on recommended compliance improvements.
Quality Systems & Compliance Site Support
- Quality oversight of assigned West Chester’s Business Execution Teams (BETs) such as Labs, Engineering, Warehouse, MSAT, etc., including approval of related GMP documentation.
- Act as a process owner of one or more quality systems (i.e., Deviation Management, Change Control, Supplier/Client Complaints, etc.) across the site.
- Manage QA to QA interactions with clients, including, but not limited to, quality event notifications and periodic meetings.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of the Quality Systems.
- Collaborate and influence other functions and teams to drive the continuous improvements activities and corrective and preventive actions.
- Contribute to the training, education, guidance, and influencing of operational and support areas on quality and compliance policy and practices.
- Develop and implement quality improvement programs and processes, and ensure management and employee quality responsibilities are met.
- Review and approval of data and documentation created during quality activities to ensure consistency with company policies, procedures, and specifications.
- Keep management team advised of significant issues or department trends during quality system reviews.
- Prepare and present technical and quality system program information to management.
- Assist in generating metrics for overall quality systems and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements to ensure departmental compliance.
- Formulate and maintain quality system objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Focus on building effective working relationships throughout the organization to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with other Resilience sites and central functions to create standard quality systems requirements where possible. Work in partnership with the global process owner (where applicable) to ensure compliance with global policies.
- Lead projects or actively participate on project teams related to compliance, quality systems, and continuous improvement initiatives across PETs, sites support groups, and cross-site groups
- Participate in quality risk assessment activities, where applicable.
- Cross-train to provide back-up support for other roles under Compliance and Quality Systems.
- Support site new product launch lifecycle by providing cGxP compliance guidance.
- Support the periodic revision of the APQRs & Site Master File.
- Manage/update ERP master data, where applicable.
- Support the preparation, planning, logistics, and execution of the self-inspections, mock inspections, and any other inspection readiness activities.
- Actively support the Logistics Center and/or Inspection Room during an external audit / inspection.
- Support the Internal Audit (Self-Inspections) Program and drive corrective actions to completion.
- Provide Quality Systems and Compliance’s routine reports as required for support of regulatory documents, inspections, or focus teams.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory filings and the documentation system at the site.
Key Relationships to Reach Solutions
- Site Quality Organization members, including QC and ACT
- Site Operational Teams
- Site Supporting Teams
- Central Groups
- FDA and Other Regulatory Agencies
- CMC Regulatory Affairs
- Considerable experience in the pharmaceutical industry and QA.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical compliance, industry best practices, and a strong familiarity with production operations.
- Knowledge of regulatory/cGMP requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability and motivation to learn.
- Good decision-making skills and judgment skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/technical field such as pharmacy, biology, chemistry, or engineering.
- Prior experience in quality assurance/regulatory compliance in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience with regulatory inspections.
- ASQ certifications (i.e., CQA or CQE).
- Member of pharmaceutical trade associations, such as ISPE or PDA.
The items described here are representative of those that must be met successfully to perform the essential functions of this job.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target base pay hiring range for this position is $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.