Title: Director/Senior Director, Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Reports To: Vice President, Provider and Payer Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Location: Redwood City, California
The Director/Senior Director, Pricing & Contracting Strategy will lead and manage a team that is responsible for timely and accurate execution of Commercial contracts and discounts in the Commercial-Payer and Provider Channels.
- Build Pricing and Contracting strategies for currently marketed and launch products across provider and payer channels.
- Partner with the Market Access and accounts teams to develop and execute payer and provider strategies, address account specific contracting opportunities, and collaborate to explore expanded market opportunities
- Work closely with the SVP Market Access & SVP Strategic Accounts to monitor market conditions, changes in laws and regulations and educate internal and external personnel on the implications of any such changes. Assist & advise on Provider/GPO contract structures from an operational perspective, assist in drafting FAQ’s and Field roll-outs.
- Collaborating with Finance, Legal, Government Pricing, Compliance and other departments to establish consistent business rules and “playbooks” focused on sound, data-supported pricing and contracting strategies.
- Strategize and partner with Contract Operation, Payer & Provider Contracting, Trade Development, Analytics and others to assess and influence contract and discount design to ensure operational feasibility of such arrangements
- Maintain and strengthen key relationships with Operations, Sales, Market Access, Trade Development, Accounting/Finance, Compliance, internal legal counsel, other cross-functional groups and external partners of the Payer and Channel rebates teams
- Drive the development of innovative solutions and processes including the development of new approaches for projects, applications and department service offerings
- Develop, coach, lead, and retain a dynamic, high performing learning team
- Graduate Degree and / or MBA preferred
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience required
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of pharmaceutical pricing, contracting, market access accounts, government pricing, buy and bill. Biosimilar experience a plus
- 10+ years of experience and technical/functional expertise in several of the following areas: financial analysis, account management, pharmaceutical reimbursement, payer contracting and analytics
- Experience with cross-functional, large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adjusting priorities as needed to meet deadlines
- Must possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking
- Experience developing financial models
The Base Salary Range for this position is $185,000 - $250,000 Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Coherus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
At Coherus, our employees are our most important asset. We have a dynamic and rewarding organizational culture that offers the opportunity to work with leading industry professionals who are dedicated to making a difference for patients. We are looking for individuals who see unlimited potential in themselves and are motivated by a continuous passion for breaking down barriers and expanding access to lifesaving therapeutics.
Coherus offers a competitive total rewards program comprised of various elements, including competitive base pay, short- and long-term incentives in the form of performance-based cash and equity, as well as health and wellness benefits that include
Healthcare: Coherus pays 90% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage for our employees, their eligible spouses, dependents, and domestic partners.
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life, Disability, and Group Accident Insurance
- 401(k) with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health & Wellness programs, including a Health Club Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program
In addition to providing attractive rewards packages, we encourage and support our employees to find the right balance of work and personal time. Coherus offers a variety of activities, perks, and holidays that encourage employees to have a healthy outlook, spend time outside of work with friends and family, and foster a productive and collaborative work environment. Our culture is one in which we challenge and support all our team members to do their best work.
For more information about Coherus, please check out: https://www.coherus.com/about-coherus/