Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking an accomplished, energetic, and detail-oriented project team leader (PTL) to support our discovery R&D team as the site head for our Durham, NC location, dedicated to gene correction drug development targeting rare diseases of the lung. This role includes a 50:50 split of hands-on benchwork and people leadership responsibilities. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and team-oriented individual who can work across a matrixed environment.
The candidate is expected to have a broad bioscience background across a range of disciplines in the nucleic acid therapy space, with a working understanding of nucleic acid drug development, non-viral delivery, gene editing, and primary human cell biology. We are looking for someone with experience leading projects from early stage through to development. The candidate will lead an interdisciplinary team, define project strategy, enable efficient decision making and work effectively with leadership to ensure meeting delivery milestones. He/she will support a team of research scientists and research associates developing gene editing solutions for lung disease with ReCode’s proprietary lipid nanoparticle (LNP) delivery vehicle solutions. The candidate will be engaging with internal cross-functional teams and external collaborating partners.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company developing a pipeline of therapies for severe life-limiting diseases.
- Project Team Leader for one or more projects at the discovery and early development phase, applying gene correction solutions for lung disease targets.
- Lead a cross functional drug discovery team that includes gene editing, cell biology, computational biology, bioanalytical, toxicology and formulation/CMC.
- Contribute to the discovery and early preclinical research plans, including defining key milestones and decision points and timelines, identifying risks and mitigation strategies towards later development and IND filings.
- Design, oversee and execute gene editing experiments, applying advanced molecular techniques and assays in a therapeutic drug discovery workflow.
- Oversee project management activities, identify and manage project objectives, work plans, timelines, budgets, providing formal and informal status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Oversee the design and execution disease-relevant assays across diverse therapeutic applications internally and through CRO partners.
- Ensure site-wide electronic lab notebook and record keeping complies with with company policies.
- Interface with R&D Senior Management on project requirements, status review, and key development decisions.
- Contribute to preclinical strategy, vision, and operation.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology or related discipline with 4-6 years of experience in postdoctoral research and/or industry.
- Expertise in primary human cell culture and/or non-human primate / murine preclinical disease models and related experimental work
- Prior experience in a BSL2 or more environment
- Prior working knowledge of gene editing modalities and tools, such as double-stranded break cutters, base editors and prime editors; and knowledge of associated analytic assays (e.g. Western blot, ddPCR, qPCR), including NGS methods for interrogating editing outcomes.
- Applying gene editing tools for cell engineering, genomics studies, and/or therapeutic development.
- Experience with viral or non-viral delivery platforms, preferably lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and genome analytical tools (GraphPad, R, SnapGene)
- Key competencies for this position include but not limited to: technical expertise, collaboration, communication and inspirational leadership
Position is based in Durham, role provides relocation for candidates not living in Durham
Benefits Offered for Full-Time Employees:
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.