Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist / Senior Research Associate to help set-up and maintain ReCode’s primary human bronchial epithelial cell culture models and other complementary systems to support the development of next generation treatments for lung disease. The candidate should be experienced in working with patient and healthy human airway epithelial cells and differentiating cells to mature air-liquid interface (ALI) cultures for dosing of drug products. He/she will join a lung biology team committed to finding next generation nucleic acid-based treatments using ReCode’s SORT LNP non-viral delivery platform. This position requires adaptability, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be an integral part of establishing a pioneering lung biology and gene correction facility at ReCode, Durham.
- Establish biology culture workflow for growing patient and healthy human airway epithelial cells and differentiating cells to mature air-liquid interface (ALI) cultures for dosing of drug products.
- Establish robust reproducible techniques, protocols, and troubleshooting methods.
- Plan strategy to deliver cultures in accordance with timelines to execute team goals.
- Support lung biology biochemical and functional assays
- Present results to team and other shareholders in the program
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner, providing guidance and troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, bioengineering, or a related field with +4 years of professional experience. Title will be based on experience
- Experience with primary cell models including models of the respiratory epithelium, including human bronchial epithelial cells or similar cells, and maintenance of air liquid interface (ALI) cultures.
- Experience with lung biology assays and general molecular biology techniques (preferred).
- Academic and/or industry experience in the field of lung cell biology
- Ability to work independently and execute as part of a matrixed organization in driving for results and innovation
- Extremely organized and able to efficiently manage your time and workflow, including skillfully prioritizing both long-term projects and day-to-day responsibilities for the team
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and considerate of the needs of others
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to developing the next generation of nucleic acid therapies.
Position is based in Durham, role provides relocation for candidates not living in Durham
Benefits Offered for Full-Time Employees:
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.