Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking skilled and motivated gene editing scientist to join our Durham, NC location, dedicated to gene correction drug development targeting rare diseases of the lung. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of therapeutic gene correction, supporting a wide range of advanced gene editing modalities to develop solutions for lung disease by applying ReCode’s proprietary LNPs and collaborating closely with cross-functional teams and external partners. The candidate will work closely with a team of lung cell biologists to design, test and validate drug candidates in both in vitro and in vivo models of disease.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company developing a pipeline of therapies for severe life-limiting diseases.
- Lead, design, and optimize research with the aims of exploring and developing next-generation gene editing therapies.
- Design, execute, and interpret research in primary cell cultures and/or in vivo disease models; establish cell-based and/or biochemical assays for validating biological activity of novel gene-editing medicines; design and execute NGS/ddPCR assays for measuring on-target editing outcomes.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner, providing statistical analysis and troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Analyze and present experimental data to a wide range of audiences.
- Trouble shoot and dissect published literature to find novel solutions to resolve technical and/or biological hurdles.
- Contribute as a key member of a cross functional drug discovery team that includes gene correction, primary human biology, pharmacology, computational biology, bioanalytical, toxicology and formulation capabilities.
- Prepare SOPs, keep excellent electronic lab notebook and record keeping entries, and prepare reports and/or manuscripts for publication.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biological engineering or related discipline with 4 years of experience in postdoctoral research and/or industry.
- Subject matter expertise, with a proven track record of publications/patents, in gene editing, with a broad knowledge of gene editing applications for therapeutic drug development.
- Hands-on experience using gene editing tools including first and second generation CRISPR systems; and knowledge of associated analytic assays (e.g. Western blot, ddPCR, qPCR), including NGS methods for interrogating editing outcomes.
- Experience in mammalian cell and tissue culturing is required.
- Prior working experience with primary human cell culture and/or non-human primate/murine preclinical disease models and related experimental work (recommended)
- Prior experience in a BSL2 or more environment (recommended)
- Understanding of lung biology and/or rare lung disease (recommended)
- Experience with viral or non-viral delivery platforms, preferably lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to write reports and/or articles for publication.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and genome analytical tools (GraphPad, R, SnapGene)
- Excellent project leadership skills in driving for results and innovation; ability to execute within a matrixed organization.
- Extremely organized and able to efficiently manage your time and workflow, including skillfully prioritizing both long-term projects and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to developing the next generation of gene editing.
Position is based in Durham, role provides relocation for candidates not living in Durham
Benefits Offered for Full-Time Employees:
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.