Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The candidate will work in Data Architecture team to deliver foundational data capabilities for R&D Excellence, Data Governance and Master Data Management etc. The candidate will have direct accountability to participate in the creation of data & information architecture for the R&D domain of Daiichi Sankyo globally, and Commercial domain regionally. The candidate will be responsible to build and support Master Data Management, Data Governance Data Engineering, and Advance Analytics capabilities.
- Partner with RD to develop an implementation plan for a Global RD Data Architecture based on business, regional requirements and IT strategies. Lead and contribute to the definition of an innovative, overarching data strategy and architecture that will align directly with business initiatives and overall digital transformation. This effort will embrace transactional, operational, analytical and BI data needs and strategies. Defining database design, data flows and data integration techniques. Architect and design solutions ensuring data quality, reliability, availability and data governance.
- Lead the development of Master Data Management (MDM), Reference Data Management (RDM), Data Governance capabilities and roadmaps to support MDM, RMD, Data Governance, Data Engineering, and Advance Analytics capabilities. Define strategies, solutions and processes for managing enterprise master data throughout the data lifecycle (capture, processing and consumption). Maximize business outcomes using MDM via improved data integrity, visibility, and accuracy, supporting both RD and Commercial domains.
- Manage and Evolve global data platforms for RD and Commercial organizations. Architect and enable technologies, data platforms and workflows to enable analysts and data scientists to focus on algorithms and analyses.
- Serve as primary point of contact for implementation of complex data projects, support of existing data platforms and development of data management technologies in RD. Provide project management, software and technical expertise. Provide risk analysis, business and technical assessment of change requests in relation to data platforms. Implement and document approved change requests.
- Collaborates with domain experts in privacy, security, and compliance to ensure that the RD and Commercial data platforms uphold privacy, security, and compliance requirements. Serve as a liaison between the business and technical teams by planning, conducting, and capturing the analysis of complex, strategic privacy matters that require it solutions.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred
- 10 or More Years of experience in life sciences, pharma or informatics industry preferred
- 10 or More Years of experience with Clinical Trials Data, Genomics and Bio Marker Data, Real World Data, Discovery Data etc. preferred
- 10 or More Years of experience with data integration tools using disparate data sources such as flat files, databases, xml files and/or unstructured data & web services preferred
- 4 or More Years of experience with Master Data Management Technologies preferred
- 4 or More Years of experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, Red Shift etc.) and/or with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Services preferred
- 4 or More Years of experience with Big Data Technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Informatica, IICS etc.) preferred
- Extensive hands on experience with analysing and designing data models for Data warehousing and Transactional applications with high availability/ scalability & performance. preferred
- Good understanding of: Data Partitioning, Query Optimization & Database Structures preferred
- Proven ability to work in a global and highly matrix environment preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of key industry best practices as well as legislative, regulatory and industry artifacts/frameworks such as the following is: DIA, ITSM/ITIL, NIST, ISO, SANS, COBIT, CERT Best Practices for computerized systems in regulated “GXP” environment. 21 CRF § 11: Electronic Records, Electronic Signatures 21 CFR § 312.32: IND Safety Reports. FDA Guidance for Clinical Investigators, Sponsors, and IRBs – Adverse Event Reporting to IRBs – Improving Human Subject Protection (January 2009) FDA Guidance for Industry and Investigators - Safety-Reporting Requirements for INDs and BA/BE Studies (December 2012) Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare artifacts preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.