Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director, US MA, Program Management & Operational Excellence provides strategic planning and program management oversight of USMA projects, activities, and budgets. The Director, Program Management & Operational Excellence is responsible for supporting the Executive Director, USMA Innovation & Excellence, and the assigned Therapeutic Lead to deliver USMA projects and activities successfully and in a timely manner while working in a fast-moving, matrixed organization. As a member of the USMA Innovation & Excellence function this position is also accountable for supporting departmental level objectives and may also participate on a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. This position will report to the Executive Director, USMA Innovation & Excellence and have direct supervisory responsibility of USMA Program Managers. The Director, Program Management & Operational Excellence further contributes to accelerating and optimizing the business via the following responsibilities/activities: • Leading / contributing to process improvement initiatives • Ensuring streamlined and efficient communication • Escalating issues in a timely manner • Budget management • Facilitating key meetings (internal Medical Affairs, cross-functional, Alliance, vendor meetings, etc.) • Tracking of activities in terms of timing, anticipated risk, and mitigation of issues/conflict resolutions • Encouraging overall operational excellence across all activities and projects • Creating a healthy and motivating work environment and atmosphere
- US Medical Product Team (MPT)/Function Support
- Support Therapeutic Lead to manage USMA project/activities, including ensuring that the MPT team delivers projects/activities successfully and on a timely manner as per annual and launch plan objectives.
- Establish milestones and metrics, in collaboration with Therapeautic Lead/US Medical Affairs functional owners to define and maintain a detailed project plan in order to track progress and measure impact of the activity. Generates critical path analyses and supports scenario planning for each GMAT/Function, in order to assess if objectives are met, exceeded, or not met.Have a strong understanding of activities, associated budget, and key contributing factors in order to anticipate potential risks and establish plan to mitigate, as appropriate.
- Lead issue resolution meetings. Lead risk identification, prioritization, and mitigation planning processes.
- Lead and facilitate regular internal MPT, cross-functional, and/or Alliance team meetings; ensure agendas and team priorities are clear, meetings minutes are distributed, action items are completed.
- Support Therapeutic Lead with annual Business Planning process (iMAP; integrated Medical Affairs Plan) associated documents, including proactive engagement with internal and external stakeholders to manage plan development.
- Proactively follow-up on action items and requests of Franchise Lead.
- Manage the agendas, conduct, and minutes for MPT meetings. Ensure full documentation of meeting discussions, decisions and action items. Track ensure completion of agreed action items. Ensure appropriate archiving of project documentation
- Develop a monthly report that provides an overview of progress on all key activities, potential risks and mitigation actions.
- Collaborate with Therapeutic Lead for to prepare formal presentations/communications to USMA leadership and Senior management.
- When applicable works with an Alliance counterpart to assure effective collaboration across both organizations
- Budget Management
- Lead the budget planning and tracking process for MPT; work with Therapeutic Lead to provide consolidated budget/LE updates across all activities in a timely manner with appropriate rationale.
- Oversee USMA budget planning and forecasting and provides regular reporting on budget and financial metrics to USMA leadership
- Oversee/advise on vendor procurement, contracting, purchase orders etc. and serve as key liaison with Finance, Procurement, and Legal Affairs as needed
- Operational Excellence Support
- Collaborate with Executive Director, USMA Innovation Excellence and Therapeutic Lead for to prepare formal presentations/communications to USMA leadership and Senior management.
- Collaborate with USMA Innovation Excellence leadership to further strengthen operational excellence from a USMA organization perspective.
- Advise on organizational and Alliance governance, procedures, and facilitate team operations according to procedures as needed.
- Identify gaps in processes and functional procedures that (potentially) impact USMA program delivery and escalate appropriately to Executive Director, USMA Innovation Excellence
- Management of a team of program managers, including mentoring, creating professional growth and development plans, and successfully conducting performance evaluations based on regular assessment of direct reports. Must ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all rules and regulations governing the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- 10 or More Years overall related experience or commensurate education/experience required
- 7 or More Years project management experience with at least 5 years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience required required
- Medical Affairs experience or a working knowledge of the medical, scientific, and commercial oncology marketplace preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.