Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The is role is responsible for partnering with DS internal senior stakeholders to lead, assess, develop, negotiate and execute strategic sourcing activities (both U.S. and Global) from RFP through to contract execution. Leads all aspects of strategic sourcing to ensure best value (cost, quality, Account Mgmt, timelines) for the businesses. Performs in-depth bid analysis and complex negotiations for efficiencies. Harnesses enterprise wide knowledge and perspective coupled with in-depth functional knowledge to process, analyze and prioritize value options that optimally benefit the stakeholders, DSI and DS Group. Develops comprehensive global category management strategies to uncover strategic insights to help influence and inform Business decisions. Proactively seeks out and recommends new process improvements to optimize and enhance efficiencies and ways of working. Takes ownership and project manages a high volume of high level projects which involves working with suppliers and internal stakeholders to define scope and review of work orders and agreements, Mitigates supplier issues, develops action plans to resolution. Leads supplier relationship management to ensure suppliers are meeting expected performance levels and driving innovative ideas for potential Brand application.
- Leads all strategic sourcing efforts from vendor assessment, RFP, negotiation, award and contracting with senior business stakeholders for DS products and alliances.
- Develops comprehensive global category management strategies which involves in-depth spend analysis, identifying opportunities, key insights, marketplace intelligence and trends, to help inform Business budgeting and supplier utilization decisions
- Partners with senior business stakeholders across functions to understand business objectives and create annual plans to align objectives with sourcing strategies and solutions to achieve optimal results. Ensure that procurement policies and methodologies are understood and utilized. Serve as the lead “relationship manager” to deliver best practices to the business partners.
- Leads supplier relationship management to ensure supplier performance meets expected services levels and drives and enables innovation for potential Brand application, and continuous improvement.
- Leads complex bid analysis, commercial contract negotiations and execution, partnering closely with internal stakeholders such as Legal and IT etc.
- Ensures contracts include the appropriate terms and conditions for cost, quality, payment terms, timelines and mitigates any risk; while ensuring all contracts are executed in accordance with company policies.
- Develops and executes risk management strategies designed to protect DSI and DS Group and assure continued supply of goods and services.
- Accountable for delivering cost reduction and value-added benefits to meet annual department and Business savings targets. Measure savings/value delivered to the business by utilizing an approved global savings calculation methodology savings tracking tool which includes both cost reduction and cost avoidance.
- Proactively seeks out and identifies new areas of opportunity to drive additional sourcing value as well as identify, evaluate and recommend best in class processes and tools
- Works closely with Procurement Operations to integrate the Small Business Administration plan and P2P continuous improvement into all sourcing activities.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of procurement processes/procedures, business and legal language in contracts and supplier management
- Develops strong relationships with preferred suppliers. Actively manage preferred supply base for assigned categories and reinforce compliance.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA and/or Certified Professional in Supply Management (C.P.S.M) highly desired preferred
- 4 or More Years Minimum of 5 years strategic sourcing experience required
- Experience in strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management required
- Indirect procurement and pharma experience is preferred
- Experience working with an e-Procurement tool preferred
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams required
- Internal stakeholder management, category management, process and continuous improvement expertise, project management and supplier performance measurement skills required
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, supplier diversity required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.