Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The candidate will work in R&D Data Integrations Operations team to deliver foundational data capabilities like Data Lakes, Master Data Management, NLP Integrations etc. for Clinical, Regulatory & Translational Research. The candidate will have direct accountability to evolving data lake platform for the R&D domain of Daiichi Sankyo globally. The candidate will be part of Dev Ops Team - responsible to build data platforms, test, deploy and support in accordance with DSI SDLC standards. This is a highly technical and hands on role.
- Defining database design, data flows and data integration techniques. Design and Build data solutions ensuring data quality, reliability, availability and data governance.
- Evolve RD Master Data Management platform. Create Data processing routines for managing enterprise master data throughout the data lifecycle (capture, processing and consumption). Maximize business outcomes using MDM via improved data integrity, visibility, and accuracy.
- Manage and Evolve global data lakes platforms – Develop Data Ingestion, Data Enrichment, Data DEIDENTIFICATION routines and RESTful API’s for consumption of data lakes data. Enable technologies, platforms and workflows to enable analysts and data scientists to focus on algorithms and analyses.
- Serve as primary point of contact for implementation of complex data project. Provide technical expertise, risk analysis, business and technical assessment of change requests in relation to data platforms. Implement and document approved change requests.
- Collaborates with domain experts in privacy, security, and compliance to ensure that the RD data platforms uphold privacy, security, and compliance requirements.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred
- 4 or More Years experience in life sciences, pharma or informatics industry or commensurate experience preferred
- 4 or More Years 3 + years of experience with Clinical Trials Data, Genomics, Bio Marker & Regulatory Data preferred
- 4 or More Years 4 + years of experience with data integration tools using disparate data sources such as flat files, databases, xml files and/or unstructured data & web services preferred
- 4 or More Years 3 + years of experience with Master Data Management Technologies preferred
- 4 or More Years 3 + years of experience with RESTful API’s Development preferred
- 1 or More Years 2 + years of experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) like Linguamatics etc. preferred
- Extensive hands on experience with analyzing and designing data models for Data warehousing and Transactional applications with high availability/ scalability & performance. preferred
- Strong in Unix shell/Perl scripting preferred
- Proven ability to work in a global and highly matrix environment preferred
- Familiarity with VALIDATED systems and understanding of regulatory and industry artifacts such as 21 CRF Part 11: Electronic Records, Electronic Signatures preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.