HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
CDnA - Senior Manager, Global Forecasting
What you will do
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, reaching millions of patients around the world and developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Forecasting team at Amgen plays a pivotal role as a strategic partner to Commercial leadership, offering data-backed insights crucial for driving commercial success. As a Senior Manager of global Forecasting, you will contribute significantly to the Rare Disease pipeline assets, executing and managing discussions with global brand leads.
The individual in this role will need to strategically influence and challenge a diverse set of collaborators from Commercial, R&D, Medical, Finance, Manufacturing, Access, and Pricing/Contracting, while proficiently understanding the nuances of the particular disease area of interest and markets they support.
This role reports to the Director of Forecasting and operates within the broader framework of Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A).
Flexible Commuter role to Thousand Oaks office. You will work on-site 2-3 days a week.
Advanced Forecasting Techniques:
- Ability to build detailed and advanced forecast model (patient, Rx, sales, Rx Based, etc.) projecting units and revenue for RDBU pipeline products by indication/regions
- Use advanced simulation models (e.g., Monte Carlo analysis, statistical trending) to quantify uncertainty
- Leverage diverse pharmaceutical data sources and their nuances to enhance forecasting approaches and methodologies
Market Analysis and Competitor Intelligence:
- Analyze competitors and market dynamics to inform forecasting models and strategic decisions
- Develop an objective brand strategy by integrating insights across multiple functions and capability areas
Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Act as the key point of contact for global brand leads, engaging them in forecasting deliverables
- Facilitate discussions and build consensus among partners to establish clear and rigorous worldwide sales expectations for pipeline assets
Strategic Insights and Recommendations:
- Support leadership in identifying actionable strategies to improve Commercial potential, prioritizing risks and opportunities
- Provide informed recommendations on product development continuation or discontinuation based on market conditions, financial projections, and strategic goals
Communication and Presentation:
- Develop and deliver transparent presentations that articulate key variables in the forecast, ensuring comprehensive understanding for decision-makers
- Use communication and interpersonal skills to influence leadership on recommended courses of action
Collaboration with CD&A:
- Collaborate with the broader CD&A organization to integrate comprehensive insights and analytics knowledge into forecast development
- Improve the depth and accuracy of forecasts by leveraging a broad spectrum of insights across the organization
- Drive productivity and efficiency by streamlining forecasting processes where possible
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute significantly to the Rare Disease pipeline assets and play a crucial part in crafting global forecasting strategies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The forecasting professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Pharma/Biotech forecasting, demand planning, or supply chain management experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Pharma/Biotech forecasting, demand planning, or supply chain management experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Pharma/Biotech forecasting, demand planning, or supply chain management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Pharma/Biotech forecasting, demand planning, or supply chain management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Pharma/Biotech forecasting, demand planning, or supply chain management experience
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence ED/VP level staff
- Knowledge and experience working with industry internal and secondary data sources; experience doing analog and uptake curve analysis
- Proficiency in advanced forecasting techniques, statistical modeling, and data analysis.
- Highly skilled in working collaboratively in a team-based environment and gaining alignment across an organization
- High level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex data and insights to both technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to interpret and analyze data trends, identify patterns, and make data-driven decisions
- Experience in contributing to the development of long-term business plans based on forecasting insights
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.